Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DragonMonkey
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Why is my phone so slow to charge?

I have Galaxy S3. So, the day before yesterday, my phone is charging fine(full charger in 2h), then yesterday phone charge so slow, it took 10h or more to full charge. So, today still happen it took 10h or more to go full charge.
    Nope, the problem is not the charger. Me and my brother have the SAME phone and charger. We share charger. When he charge his phone, it works perfectly fine. Only my phone took 10h or more to full charge.

1) What causes my phone to charge slow? Is it the battery or the phone inside?????????
    I already tried using my brother battery. I charged my phone for 5 minutes with his battery inside my phone. Yet, it did NOT add any life battery percentage. I believe this all started when I dropped my phone with the charger in the charging port. So, I guess, that what it cause.

2) How much does it cost to get you phone CHARGING PORT fix? Where do get it fix?

Default Re: Why is my phone so slow to charge?

Short Term solution and probably not the answer you want but try charging on flight mode. It stops the phone from searching for networks continuously. Someone might have a more long term solution.
    Hope this helps somewhat!
    Sarah
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by llamaqueen14 View Post
    Short Term solution and probably not the answer you want but try charging on flight mode. It stops the phone from searching for networks continuously. Someone might have a more long term solution.
    Hope this helps somewhat!
    Sarah
    Lol, I tried charging my phone turn off today, it seem more slower. I'll see that. My best bet is the charging port is broken. When I dropped my phone, the charger is plugged in the charger port. That's how it started, when my phone became so slow to charge, it took 10h or more to go full charge. I believe! Hopefully not, though.

I'll give it a try about your saying in charging in Airplane Mode.

Global Posts
    7,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by DragonMonkey View Post
    Lol, I tried charging my phone turn off today, it seem more slower. I'll see that. My best bet is the charging port is broken. When I dropped my phone, the charger is plugged in the charger port. That's how it started, when my phone became so slow to charge, it took 10h or more to go full charge. I believe! Hopefully not, though.

I'll give it a try about your saying in charging in Airplane Mode.
    Welcome to Android Central
    Also try using an compressed air can to blow out any dust/lint that may be in the charging port. That might be interfering with the charging

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Welcome to Android Central
    Also try using an compressed air can to blow out any dust/lint that may be in the charging port. That might be interfering with the charging

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    I feel like just throwing my phone away . Wait, what's a compressed air?

Global Posts
    7,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by DragonMonkey View Post
    I feel like just throwing my phone away . Wait, what's a compressed air?
    It's just a can that shoots cold air. Useful for blowing out any dust/dirt you may have in your computer's keyboard, remotes, phone ports, etc.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

It tried that already. Anyway, now my phone is acting weird, while charging the battery decrease, instead of increasing????? By the way, I also tried using different charger(Not Galaxy S3 original charger; different one random charger that I found).

My best bet is the inside of the phone is damage or the charging port.
    How much does it cost to get those fix?
    orangeman likes this.

You can get the micro-USB port replaced for about $40 at someplace like http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerc...b-port-repair/ or you may be able to find a local shop that will do it cheaper.

Or you could just invest in a wireless charging solution and skip the repair altogether.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk