HTC Amaze with ICS in the future?

sneekgeek

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I know I might be dreaming here, but what do you think the chances are that the HTC Amaze will get Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 in the future???

On paper, its the perfect phone for me (especially the camera/camcorder extras), but the Nexus Prime with its leaked UI has me drooling too.

I know that with Sense UI, it would either take a really, really long time or never to get ICS. Google did pledge though that all future released phones will get updates for at least 18 months. Does that ring true with recently released Gingerbread phones? Or does the new numerical system (4.0) disregards any hope for 2.3 phones?

I'm so conflicted... What are your thoughts?

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
HTC has been quite good about upgrading their phones, so I imagine it will get ICS and probably the next variation of Android as well.

DSLAM

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure it wont be a problem. Especially, considering their most recent announcement supporting ICS and the fact that this is one of their latest phones. I'm hoping within maybe 3 months you can upgrade it. But we should know before then whether or not they will announce support.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
HTC Is great about updates! I would say your safe. Just might take a good long while before ya see it.

One thing HTC is amazing about....is its updates.