Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Default too buy or not too buy?

being trying to decide if i want too buy the amaze or keep using my nexus1.. i dont have any problems with my n1 and i never have. its running stock 2.3.6 not sure what its called gingerbread or honeycomb which works for me. but with the amaze ill get 4g. but besides that i dont see what else ill be gaining besides the speed and maybe the front facing camera? and in put would be great. thanks

Default Re: too buy or not too buy?

I don't know much about the N1. I really like my phone. I had an EVO with Sprint and was very pleased that one. The Amaze is heavy, which I really like, it has a very nice and sleek build. It is a beautiful phone. As far as capabilites, it is a dual core 1.5 hz Snapdragon processor. It is fast and will be in line for future Google upgrades. 4g is good but, T-mo does not offer true 4g speeds....nobody does yet. See below;

Sure, the 4G of today is really faux 4G which now comes in three flavors thanks to a bold marketing effort by T-Mobile. It’s HSPA+ network is most assuredly 3G (or maybe 3.5G for some) but as its CTO, Neville Ray, argues with Om, its real-world speeds are better than those offered by WiMAX and are comparable to the real-world expectations of Verizon’s LTE network launching later this year. The key to T-Mo’s experience lies in its spectrum resources. As a general rule, the more spectrum an operator has, the more lanes in its highway it can cram bits into. It can use that to increase capacity or increase speeds. With plans to move from 21 Mbps to 42 Mbps speeds using HSPA+, T-Mo is going for speed in order to keep up with the Jones.

I say, if your happy with what you have and it fits your needs, stay put. There will be something faster/better coming soon to a phone store near your.