WiFi Calling Is Back ! Check Your Phone For HTC Updates !

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Just happened to check for HTC updates and I had one waiting.

It added WiFi calling back onto the phone again.

Battery life seems to have gotten a touch better too.

It also added all those annoying pre-loaded bookmarks back into the browser that I had deleted
as soon as I got the phone.
If I want CNN , BBC, etc I will add them myself thank you very much.
Of course I deleted them again.

The last straw with me on the GSII was it wouldnt allow you to delete the pre-loaded bookmarks.
So I returned it for the Amaze, very happy I did.

So go to settings/about phone/HTC software updates and get your WiFi back on !

If you havent already done so you will also need to login and go to your profile at my.t-mobile.com
and edit/add your 911 address or you wont be able to use the WiFi calling feature.

;)

Reactions: mswscco

JackRussell

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I guess I am trying to figure out what the specific value of this feature is - I can make calls over WiFi, but it uses the minutes from my plan.

Alternatively I can use the Skype app and not use my minutes.

The only thing that WiFi calling seems to buy me is the ability to use the same number. And I *suppose* that one can avoid the roaming charges if one is outside of the country - can anyone confirm?

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to the Amaze and Wifi calling ... where would I see these settings? TIA...

I'm not quite understanding the question ?
I gave directions on how to do it in the first post.
Post up exactly what you are wanting to know.

I guess I am trying to figure out what the specific value of this feature is - I can make calls over WiFi, but it uses the minutes from my plan.

The only thing that WiFi calling seems to buy me is the ability to use the same number. And I *suppose* that one can avoid the roaming charges if one is outside of the country - can anyone confirm?

The wifi calling is useful when you are in a poor signal / no signal location ,
providing you have wifi access of course.
It can be used in other countries to my understanding, not sure about roaming though.

mswscco

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
You are right. Value of the service varies from contract to contract. I forget the exact name of the old add-on, but for no additional charge, every line of our family plan gets unlimited wifi calling. We've been able to always choose the plan with the fewest allowed minutes and never come close to using them up.