Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Canadian ROMs

Default Does the HTC Amaze have the same battery as the Evo 3D?

Hey guys,

I've been looking around for extra batteries for my Amaze, and I've been finding a lot of results that claim that the Evo 3D has the same battery as the Amaze. Also, does the Sensation use the same battery? If anyone knows, please tell me!
    Current Devices:
    BlackBerry Bold 9780 (TELUS) with OS 6
    Samsung Fascinate 3G+ (TELUS) with Froyo 2.2
    Motorola XOOM (WiFi) on 3.0.1

Ancient Devices:
    HTC Hero (TELUS) with hacked European Eclair 2.1
    BlackBerry Bold 9000 (Rogers, Unlocked)

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Default Re: Does the HTC Amaze have the same battery as the Evo 3D?

Yes, Evo 3D and Amaze share the same battery, however, the EVO 3D battery will go into the slot backwards.

I'm also new to the Amaze, and after a single conditioning, it seems to run down 100%-4% in about 18 hours,... then takes 5+ hours to charge. That's basically an overnight charge, when sometimes it's not convenient to have a charger at work, car, kitchen, bedside.

In case I acquire a spare battery, is there a charger/dock that could charge it without a phone connected? I've seen a few chargers for other, older HTCs, doesn't appear to be a single one that would fit the Amaze with its off-center microUSB port, but just something to charge a battery in would be a boon.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Canadian ROMs

Quote Originally Posted by lrdiaz View Post
    Yes, Evo 3D and Amaze share the same battery, however, the EVO 3D battery will go into the slot backwards.
    When you say it goes into the slot backwards, what do you mean? Will it still function in an Amaze?
    Current Devices:
    BlackBerry Bold 9780 (TELUS) with OS 6
    Samsung Fascinate 3G+ (TELUS) with Froyo 2.2
    Motorola XOOM (WiFi) on 3.0.1

Ancient Devices:
    HTC Hero (TELUS) with hacked European Eclair 2.1
    BlackBerry Bold 9000 (Rogers, Unlocked)

I've used the wife's mytouch4gslide and my old sensation batteries with no problem... They're just smaller voltage...

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmorr View Post
    When you say it goes into the slot backwards, what do you mean? Will it still function in an Amaze?
    The battery contact points are not in the same location as the original Amaze battery, so you must insert the battery with the HTC label down instead of up. However, it works just the same.

I need some help i have a spare battery but I needed an external charger so i bought the Evo3d pack at radioshack the battery say 1200 mah,can i still use it? Will it die faster than the standard one that came with my phone?
    Mayor of Awesometown

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

I bought te Anker 1800 mAh two pack with external charger for $19 on Amazon and have been very happy with the battery performance. In my rundown tests over two weeks the Anker batteries performed exactly the same as the stock HTC battery that came with the Amaze. Which means I get about 8-10 hours of my normal use without a charge (lots of push Exchange email, SMS, and photos). The Amaze sucks a lot of power so spare batteries are a must in my opinion, and these are priced amazingly well. The "universal charger" is a little hokey, but it does allow you to charge a battery with another in the phone, very handy. For the money I would totally recommend them. I see Anker is now selling a 1900 mAh battery as well for the Amaze/EVO 3D, but for about the same price you can get the two pack.
    JT
    Nexus 5, Nexus 7 LTE, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
    AT&T, T-Mobile

Cool Re: Does the HTC Amaze have the same battery as the Evo 3D?

Although I have not confirmed this myself, many people have stated that the batteries are the same with the exception of how it needs to be inserted into the phone. As a side note, instead of buying a new battery, you can call HTC and mention some arbitrary "issue" that you're having with Amaze's battery and they will send you a new one (as long as your phone is still in warranty [1 year]). This is free of charge at no cost to you whatsoever. This I have confirmed myself.

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

Does it even make sense to do that when you can just get a bigger battery and have that little extra... I mean HTC has not been known for their exceptional battery life.... And to be honest I don't know why they just don't do something about it.... They do make great phones.... Just my opinion...

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk