Wheres My Ice Cream Sammich ?

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Your better off getting the one s the amaze won't get ics for months in q2. And gingerbread on the amaze only utilizes one core. That's why a lot of people were waiting for ics but now that the one s is coming people are jumping ship.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah really torques me off that the rezound came out about the same time as the amaze,
and rezound is already getting ICS, but the amaze isnt.

Means I'll have to get the one s to get ICS when the amaze is actually as good if not a better phone.

Tmobile is all about selling phones, not getting updates in a timely fashion.

:mad:

303kush

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Everyone needs to stop listening to rumors and wait until there is a real update out..wouldn't it be funny if the amaze got the update first? And Idk why but at first I was super excited about the one s but now its like whatever..can't take off battery covery or put a SD card?!?! Efffffin idiots...what gave them this bright idea

Italiannyc

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
If people wanna get a new phone because ICS hasnt been put on the Amaze yet, then thats just stupid. Can you not wait a month or 2 for an update, instead of jumping ship. Geez. Patience.

Reactions: sglscovill

going_home

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Everyone needs to stop listening to rumors and wait until there is a real update out..wouldn't it be funny if the amaze got the update first? And Idk why but at first I was super excited about the one s but now its like whatever..can't take off battery covery or put a SD card?!?! Efffffin idiots...what gave them this bright idea

I just want ICS without Touchwiz.
The date is official, April 25th the first ICE 4G phone on T-Mobile.

:confused:

Italiannyc

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Wonder if thats AFTER mail in rebate. I couldnt get that phone. I use a memory card for 12 Gbs of music on my amaze right now. I couldnt get a phone without a sd slot.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Nomnomnom. Sammich makes me strong!

tf2sandwich.gif

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
If people wanna get a new phone because ICS hasnt been put on the Amaze yet, then thats just stupid. Can you not wait a month or 2 for an update, instead of jumping ship. Geez. Patience.
A good practice I've heard from my mobility maven at work is to factory reset your device after a major software update. Having been through three (3!) Amaze handsets troubleshooting the video record shnoize (and hoping the BT problem with my car was an anomaly; it wasn't), I'm friggin tired of resetting and losing my progress in my games. I know, that sounds silly, but I like Where's My Water and Quell and Osmos and DO NOT want to have to start all over when ICS comes out.

So I can wait a few more weeks, if it's good. If it's ICS+Sense 3.6 ... THEN I'll be cryin into my beer.

I, too, was really exciting about the One X and S (and a little disappointed in Amaze with little pesky issues), but now that I've seen hands-on and reviews of the One family, I'm actually happy with the Amaze. Replaceable memory card, dedicated buttons for cameras, good looks. I can be patient for the update. Heck it's what I bought it for, the strong rumors on the Amaze being on the short list for ICS updates.

Oh. #&@*. The Amaze is now FREE (web sale) through this Sunday with new contract. Dammit. ... I suspect that means the One S will be dropping very, very soon. Start waxing your boards, shoulder hoppers....

Last edited:

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Your better off getting the one s the amaze won't get ics for months in q2. And gingerbread on the amaze only utilizes one core. That's why a lot of people were waiting for ics but now that the one s is coming people are jumping ship.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Well.. now that we are in Q2 we will have to wait and see what happens.

I stopped into my TMobile store (have been going to the same store for many years now) and the guys that help me out highly suggested that I not waste my money on the HTC One S. When the Amaze gets it ICS update it will actually be a better phone in terms of performance. What they said was that the Amaze is good for at least the remainder of 2012. In 2013 T-Mobile will have a much upgraded network and newer phones will have the ability to take advantege of the network speed upgrades.

So I have decided that I am going to hold on to my Amaze, get the ICS update when it comes out and use the phone thru 2012. In 2013 we'll see what transpires in terms of quad-core phones and system upgrades. I can't see spending any money on an HTC One S just to get ICS a couple of months before the Amaze gets the update, only to have a phone that underperforms the Amaze.

The one thing that everyone forgets is that the Amaze was a one-off phone. No one else in the US had it and with the components used to build the device, it was not a cheap phone to manufacture by any means. As a matter of fact, it is simply one of best Androide phones out there, period! And all this garbage about T-Mobile not having top end Android phones... obviously those pushing that nonsense have no experience with the Amaze... it is top end and then some!

biggeno313

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Right On wezra. It's very top end. So much so that I dont think i deserve it. Ok..yes i do. Its almost to the point where I could easily go on using my Amaze as is with no worries. My next upgrade is due next March and I'm sure there will be even more great choices for me then. I dont really get all the negativity that exist in these Android forums. Ok..yes I do. I wanted a new phone. Did the research. Made a choice and couldnt be happier. Plain and Simple this phone rocks.

Italiannyc

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Question, off topic though.

Anyone else get screen bleed when on all black pages.. esp when checking the battery life and settings. I googled and saw alot of people have it also. I downloaded an app to take off the 4 buttons on the bottom and then it goes away. Just got the phone a week ago, should I get it swaped since im still in the trial period, or is it basically a normal thing with these lcd screens

Barber1570

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I own the HTC Amaze too and love it. However, when the ICS OS come out, what is the process for getting it my phone? I have never upgraded a sofware OS before.

Thanks

biggeno313

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
There is no process Barber. It should update/upgrade automatically once you select the download. When that will be is the only question. You can go to Settings/About Phone/Software sections to see what version of Android you're running now. You'll also notice the sections that says HTC Software Updates and Google Software Updates as well. I imagine these will be usefull in the very near future. Until then enjoy your device.

going_home

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting on the ICS update.
After looking both the One S and Amaze over real hard I came to the conclusion that the Amaze is the better phone.
If T-mobile had've advertised it better they would have sold more of them.

Its still frustrating that the Rezound has had ICS for some time now, and the Amaze is almost the same phone and we are still waiting.
Both phones came out about the same time.

:(

GrimTG

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
The HTC Amaze is in testing for ICS at this moment. In Marketing T-Mobile won't release The Amaze update essentially because of what Wezra said. They are advertising the One S as the first phone with ICS. If they released ICS before the One S came out there wouldn't be any incentive for the One S purchase. ICS for the Amaze recently got leaked a few days ago, Its stable enough for daily use. There really is no reason why they shouldnt release it stability wise. Everything works. They're just going to ride the One S train and milk it for as much as possible then release the updae.

going_home

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The HTC Amaze is in testing for ICS at this moment. In Marketing T-Mobile won't release The Amaze update essentially because of what Wezra said. They are advertising the One S as the first phone with ICS. If they released ICS before the One S came out there wouldn't be any incentive for the One S purchase. ICS for the Amaze recently got leaked a few days ago, Its stable enough for daily use. There really is no reason why they shouldnt release it stability wise. Everything works. They're just going to ride the One S train and milk it for as much as possible then release the updae.

The One S will probably flop like the Amaze did.

I'm thinking I may just get the Galaxy Nexus from Google and sell the Amaze .

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...us/?playredirect=true&hl=en-US&token=yeisqOlE

I dont want any more devices that let me get jerked around by T-Mobile waiting for an update.

:mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87