Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Quote Originally Posted by blacksapphire08 View Post
    True but if you want to flash a different ICS ROM then it would help. Flashing the Official RUU will actually remove root anyway.
    You are still able to unlock the boot loader and root the amaze after the ics update with the same set of tools. The boot loader isn't updated in the ruu.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

Default Re: Wheres My Ice Cream Sammich ?

Quote Originally Posted by barkermichaelj View Post
    I figured I would host the ics official ruu update that was leaked since many people are experiencing issues downloading.

1) download and save the zip to the root of your SD card.

2) relock the boot loader (skip this if you are still factory locked)

3) power down your phone and remove the battery.

4) reinsert the battery and boot to boot loader screen (hold volume down and power)

Then just follow the prompts on the screen.

I guess the question is if you put this version of ICS on the Amaze (with what ever flaws it has) when the official update comes out are you going to be able to update to the official update that might not have the issues that this one has?

Quote Originally Posted by wezra View Post
    I guess the question is if you put this version of ICS on the Amaze (with what ever flaws it has) when the official update comes out are you going to be able to update to the official update that might not have the issues that this one has?
    Yes default update service is intact.

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

Yes default update service is intact.

Followed your instructions but when I replaced the battery and got to the bootloader screen but no prompts showed up... it looks like their are several options ... very confusing. Do you know of more detailed instructions on how to install an update via the method you suggest? I just don't want to brick the phone. This process was far easier on my old Blackberry phones. I did updates all the time without any issues. But Android is much more complex!

Thank you in advance for your help...

Followed your instructions but when I replaced the battery and got to the bootloader screen but no prompts showed up... it looks like their are several options ... very confusing. Do you know of more detailed instructions on how to install an update via the method you suggest? I just don't want to brick the phone. This process was far easier on my old Blackberry phones. I did updates all the time without any issues. But Android is much more complex!

Thank you in advance for your help...
    verify that the downloaded zip is not in any folders on your SD card. The only options you should see after the boot loader verifies the update will be volume up to install of volume down to decline.

Can someone verify this update other than me to put some peoples minds at ease about doing this update please.

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

Can someone verify this update other than me to put some peoples minds at ease about doing this update please.

Many thanks to barkermichaelj for assisting me thru the update. It was a matter of the zip file not loading on my SD card, but the phone memory. Got that striaghtened out and the uupdate is as good as gold! Works great. Updated a couple of hours ago and everything works as it should. No issues with Wi-Fi, Data, Email, Camera, Exchange, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi Calling... etc. Not sure what else T-Moible will add to this in July, if anything, but from what I see here it needs little if anything more.

Again... much appreciation to barkermichaelj for stepping up and getting this out to all of us who really didn't want to wait 2 more months.

So for the forum member who first asked "Wheres My Ice Cream Sammich?".... it's here... just do the update and you have it!
    Thanked by:

Many thanks to barkermichaelj for assisting me thru the update. It was a matter of the zip file not loading on my SD card, but the phone memory. Got that striaghtened out and the uupdate is as good as gold! Works great. Updated a couple of hours ago and everything works as it should. No issues with Wi-Fi, Data, Email, Camera, Exchange, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi Calling... etc. Not sure what else T-Moible will add to this in July, if anything, but from what I see here it needs little if anything more.

Again... much appreciation to barkermichaelj for stepping up and getting this out to all of us who really didn't want to wait 2 more months.

So for the forum member who first asked "Wheres My Ice Cream Sammich?".... it's here... just do the update and you have it!
    You're very welcome. Enjoy.

I about forgot. Once the update completes you should probably delete the zip file from the SD card so it doesn't interfere with future updates. I'll edit the original post to include this.

I believe this update is ready to be released officially but the marketing department is having it held back so they can sell the new fancy HTC one series of devices. I could be wrong but that's my opinion.

Don't get me wrong. The HTC one s I have is definitely a worthy upgrade with its sexy slim design long battery life and sense 4.0. Overlooking the fact that the battery is non removable and there is no SD expansion of course.

I followed your steps and had no trouble with the update.
    Thanked by:

Many thanks to barkermichaelj. Just finished the update. It took about 10-15 minutes. Absolutely no problems whatsoever!!!

No HBO Go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by biggeno313 View Post
    No HBO Go!!!
    You might contact the developer of HBO go and ask if they have plans to update the app to be compatible with android 4.0. Sorry about that. All the apps I use have been updated to be compatible. I'll look into this though.

Thanked by:
    biggeno313 likes this.

Thanks so very much. You are officially Thee Man!!

Straight From the site.

HBO GO is supported on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (3rd and 4th generation) and the iPad, and requires running an iOS 4.0 or higher. For Android smartphones, HBO GO requires Android version 2.1 - 2.3. The HBO GO App does not support Android 3.0 and higher (Honeycomb), which is the operating system that runs most Android tablets. Some Android devices running version 2.1 - 2.3 are not supported, including Motorola Flipout, Motorola CLIQ XT, Motorola DROID, LG Ally, LG Apex, LG Axis, HTC myTouch 3G, HTC Droid Eris, HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Motorola CLIQ, Motorola Backflip and eLocity A7.

No HBO Go!!!
    I emailed the devoper and will let you know if I here anything. I also requested a beta version if available. I'll keep looking for a work around for the time being.

Thanks a million..I hope they take notice.

Thanks a million..I hope they take notice.
    Well, 2 hours of looking for a work around and I haven't found anything. Hopefully I'll hear back from support soon. I can try to look up the downgrade zip to gingerbread if you must have this app. Just let me know.

No real big deal..Hopefully they will catch up and update the app. for 3.0 and higher. Again..Thanks a billion. Let me know when and if u hear something.

So I did what you said and got ICS on my Amaze. Works great, but I have a few questions. How do I turn off vibration for when I type? It doesn't seem to be in the same place in Settings as before. Also, the apps on my home screen eventually stopped opening. I could touch them and they would highlight, but no opening. It worked to go to the menu but that was too much of a hassle. And the Facebook pictures aren't syncing with contacts, GO SMS is also having some problems. Is anyone else having issues?

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sebastiau View Post
    So I did what you said and got ICS on my Amaze. Works great, but I have a few questions. How do I turn off vibration for when I type? It doesn't seem to be in the same place in Settings as before. Also, the apps on my home screen eventually stopped opening. I could touch them and they would highlight, but no opening. It worked to go to the menu but that was too much of a hassle. And the Facebook pictures aren't syncing with contacts, GO SMS is also having some problems. Is anyone else having issues?
    Not sure what the issues are with your specific phone, but I was able to turn off vibrate and, all the icons work perfectly when touched on the home screen(s). In fact, I have a Bluetooth app that I use to control the Bluetooth in my car and the icon works without a hitch.

The only question I have is the software version shows Sense at 3.6. Is this what HTC is actually calling Sense 4.0? Or, is their another step up from 3.6 that our leaked version doesn't have?

Sorry to hear you are having issues. But after 3 days on the new software my phone has settled in and is working great.

Not sure what the issues are with your specific phone, but I was able to turn off vibrate and, all the icons work perfectly when touched on the home screen(s). In fact, I have a Bluetooth app that I use to control the Bluetooth in my car and the icon works without a hitch.

The only question I have is the software version shows Sense at 3.6. Is this what HTC is actually calling Sense 4.0? Or, is their another step up from 3.6 that our leaked version doesn't have?

Sorry to hear you are having issues. But after 3 days on the new software my phone has settled in and is working great.
    I don't think sense 4.0 is coming to the amaze yet. It is different from the 4.0 that came with my one s.

Quote Originally Posted by sebastiau View Post
    Vibration=settings>language & keyboard>touch input>text input>vibrate when typing.

Facebook=settings>accounts &sync> Facebook>sync contacts

You can try deleting the icons and putting them back on the home screen. If that doesn't work try clearing app data (settings>apps>app name>clear data)
    Also try just rebooting the phone.

If all else fails you can go to settings>apps>all tab>HTC sense(the one with the clock icon)>clear data. This will reset your launcher to stock so you will have to move your icons and Widgets back manually afterwards.

Last edited by barkermichaelj; 05-03-2012 at 04:33 PM.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #75  
    Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!

Unhappy Re: Wheres My Ice Cream Sammich ?

I don't think sense 4.0 is coming to the amaze yet. It is different from the 4.0 that came with my one s.
    Amaze may not get Sense 4.
    Wouldnt hurt my feelings, I dont like Sense at all but its the lesser of two evils when its grouped in with Touchwiz.

Hebrews 13:8
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast