Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Quote Originally Posted by barkermichaelj View Post
    Vibration=settings>language & keyboard>touch input>text input>vibrate when typing.

Facebook=settings>accounts &sync> Facebook>sync contacts

You can try deleting the icons and putting them back on the home screen. If that doesn't work try clearing app data (settings>apps>app name>clear data)
    Also try just rebooting the phone.

If all else fails you can go to settings>apps>all tab>HTC sense(the one with the clock icon)>clear data. This will reset your launcher to stock so you will have to move your icons and Widgets back manually afterwards.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for the help on the vibration. My phone isn't having problems anymore, seems like its settling in. I'm just wondering if anyone is using GO SMS Pro and can't get the contact photo to appear? I have Facebook photos synced with most contacts, but they don't appear in the app.

Dont know about you guys but I'm loving my Amaze. I was skeptical about ICS. But I must admit..I'm impressed. And this is just the leak. Am I the only one not overly impressed with the latest smartphones. I mean some them are really nice...but I'm not totally miserable that I won't be upgrading for a while.

Sense 3.6 is all we will get..
    Don't worry there are themes to make it look like 4.0 but why bother.. If you hack your phone AOSP will soon be available and MUCH faster without this sense crapware

ROM
    Speed Rom Jellybean

Default Re: Wheres My Ice Cream Sammich ?

Quote Originally Posted by biggeno313 View Post
    Dont know about you guys but I'm loving my Amaze. I was skeptical about ICS. But I must admit..I'm impressed. And this is just the leak. Am I the only one not overly impressed with the latest smartphones. I mean some them are really nice...but I'm not totally miserable that I won't be upgrading for a while.
    The newer phones are incremental updates over the Amaze at best. The biggest advantage I see are larger screens like the SGIII's 4.8" screen.

Exactly...that and supposed super fast quad processors?????

Hopefully by next March there will be better..more advance choices out there. Maybe that phone Tony stark carries around(such a geek).
    Last edited by biggeno313; 05-06-2012 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Didnt mean to post

Lol.. If you think your battery sucks now.. Wait for the shock of what a massive screen will do!

Go buy the Nova Launcher now. Wow!!!!

ROM
    Speed Rom Jellybean

Go buy the Nova Launcher now. Wow!!!!
    You should check out the new ICS theme by brolic925t. It themes it to look like Sense 4.0 and makes the icons blue.

No HBO Go!!!
    I just got my reply email from support.

Hello,

Thank you for your email. HBO GO is now supported on Android phones running up to version 4.04 (Ice Cream Sandwich). We are actively working on a version of the application that will be optimized for most Android tablets. Please stay tuned as a new version of the application with support for tablets is coming early this summer.

Thank you,

The HBO GO Team

Quote Originally Posted by blacksapphire08 View Post
    You should check out the new ICS theme by brolic925t. It themes it to look like Sense 4.0 and makes the icons blue.
    Thanks..Think I'll check it out.

I just got my reply email from support.

Hello,

Thank you for your email. HBO GO is now supported on Android phones running up to version 4.04 (Ice Cream Sandwich). We are actively working on a version of the application that will be optimized for most Android tablets. Please stay tuned as a new version of the application with support for tablets is coming early this summer.

Thank you,

The HBO GO Team

Yes..Thanks again.

Got HBOgo on my Galaxy Tab as well.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #89  
    Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!

No longer waiting on ICS.
    Sold the Amaze on CL and bought the One S.
    Turns out it was a good move.
    They bumped my data from 2 to 5Gb for free,
    and I'm not having the wifi hotspot poor to no reception issue I was having with the Amaze.

Hebrews 13:8

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzxtrismus View Post
    Sense 3.6 is all we will get..
    Don't worry there are themes to make it look like 4.0 but why bother.. If you hack your phone AOSP will soon be available and MUCH faster without this sense crapware
    Who cares about the Sense 4 look? It's the new functionality and streamlined code I want. For one, there's no indication that Sense 3.6 uses the dual-core chip any more than 3.0.

// Sent from my Interociter //
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts

FINALLY!

So far I am enjoying it. We'll see if battery life is truly better as they say.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Fixed, had to run the all in one toolkit and flash the stock recovery and it upgraded just fine. Did not have to relock the bootloader.

So the official update downloaded and when booting up to do the install it says
    "Unknown volume for path [INTERNALSDCARD:download/OTA_RUBY_ICS_35_S_TMOUS_2.14.531.3-1.43.531.3_release_259660ggzpa27mj01s2ayu.zip]

E: Can't mount INTERNALSDCARD:download/OTA_RUBY_ICS_35_S_TMOUS_2.14.531.3-1.43.531.3_release_259660ggzpa27mj01s2ayu.zip"

This all shows up in the xboarder56 CWM-Test v5.8.0.9.

Do I need to go in there and rename or move the OTA update to my external SD and install it differently?
    Last edited by spyre; 05-21-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts

Has anyone seen a downloadable file for the new update... like the earlier leaked version.

I also noticed that the update has a different software version number... the OTA has a higher number than the leaked version. Hopefully, those of us who loaded up the leaked version that didn't require rooting the phone will be able to get the OTA. If not, then I hope someone makes a downloadable version available.

Quote Originally Posted by wezra View Post
    Has anyone seen a downloadable file for the new update... like the earlier leaked version.

I also noticed that the update has a different software version number... the OTA has a higher number than the leaked version. Hopefully, those of us who loaded up the leaked version that didn't require rooting the phone will be able to get the OTA. If not, then I hope someone makes a downloadable version available.
    I haven't heard about the ota update yet but I did notice a new file available here. Just rename it to "PH85IMG.zip" and install like you did before from the sd card.

I haven't heard about the ota update yet but I did notice a new file available here. Just rename it to "PH85IMG.zip" and install like you did before from the sd card.
    Getting that one right now as we speak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spyre View Post
    Fixed, had to run the all in one toolkit and flash the stock recovery and it upgraded just fine. Did not have to relock the bootloader.

So the official update downloaded and when booting up to do the install it says
    "Unknown volume for path [INTERNALSDCARD:download/OTA_RUBY_ICS_35_S_TMOUS_2.14.531.3-1.43.531.3_release_259660ggzpa27mj01s2ayu.zip]

E: Can't mount INTERNALSDCARD:download/OTA_RUBY_ICS_35_S_TMOUS_2.14.531.3-1.43.531.3_release_259660ggzpa27mj01s2ayu.zip"

This all shows up in the xboarder56 CWM-Test v5.8.0.9.

Do I need to go in there and rename or move the OTA update to my external SD and install it differently?

Yes rename the file PH85IMG.zip

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts

Yes rename the file PH85IMG.zip

Sorry for the question... but which one of the 3 available do I download. Their seems to be one that says it was created 2 weeks ago... is that the one? Thanks....

Sorry for the question... but which one of the 3 available do I download. Their seems to be one that says it was created 2 weeks ago... is that the one? Thanks....
    The one 2 weeks ago is the newest. The one over a month ago is the one I posted earlier in this thread. Both are ics. The 3rd one is the old gingerbread.

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts

Getting that one right now as we speak!!!
    Have you installed the new ICS file? If so, how is it working for you....

Have you installed the new ICS file? If so, how is it working for you....
    It's working great. To be honest there doesn't seem to be much difference between the official upgrade and the leak. From what I understand..there was supposed to be better battery and reception performance. But I don't see it..Yet. All and all I am very pleased. It's performed very well.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Android Central Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast