Wheres My Ice Cream Sammich ?

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Just got back from my T-Mobile store, after purchasing the PowerSkin for my new Amaze. I have been going to the same store for 7 years and the staff know me very well. One of the guys told me that ICS will be coming to the Amaze in the not to distant future. All I know is that every bit of information these guys have told me over the years has been spot on. I also know that HTC is working on a known Bluetooth issue with automobile Bluetooth connectivity.. so that will either be a seperate "patch" or included in ICS when it is released.

My Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi is getting ICS starting today... so I suspect ICS is not far down the road for all phones and tablets.

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
So today, January 26th, the HTC Rezound, started getting the ice cream sandwich over the air update.

Why is it a phone released more than a month after the HTC Amaze is getting Android version 4.0 first ?

The two phones are not identical, but are extremely similar.

I'm very disappointed in HTC and T-Mobile.

:(

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I am wondering if fixing current software issues has anything to do with the release of ICS for the Amaze. Their are known Bluetooth issues with in-car systems (I am experiencing that myself... and HTC has an notification to T-Mobile on a fix that is being worked on) and, some additional software issues. My best guess is that HTC and T-Mobile decided to delay ICS for the Amaze until all of these issues could be resolved in one software update vs. small patches along the way. The Bluetooth issue is a major one effecting nearly everyone that has an in-car system. ICS will come and when it does I suspect the Amaze will truly Amaze!

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I think the big issue with the Amaze was the initial price point. It was not a cheap phone and the average guy on the street was not going to pay a high price point... even though it was the highest level phone T-Mobile had to offer (and still is) at the time. The phone just didn't sell up to expectations. Notice the TV commercials for it have gone away as well.

What we have is a one-off phone that no other carrier has (at least in the US) that is made up of a lot of one-off components. Not a cheap phone to produce. So the price point had to be higher than normal.

The long and short of it is that we have a fantastic device and when it gets ICS it will be even better. I dare say that very few, if any, phones will be able to live up to it's quality and speed. It is just a great phone... end of story!

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Great pep talk, coach. ;) LOL I fretted over what phone to buy, and though the Rezound has a bigger, higher resolution screen (and I now hear it'll work on T-Mo or AT&T networks, if I understand correctly) I like the Amaze's form factor and panache.

Personally, I've experienced problems with connecting to my HandsFreeLink, glad to hear a patch is coming. I hate-hate-hate answering and hearing a voice from within the center console cubby. Or calling my favorite take-out joint and all they hear is me cursing at the HandsFree because it won't connect. It Just Worked (TM) with my Nokia.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Phones not even been out two months and its already at end of life.

Thats just messed up.

:mad:

Don't worry. EOL just means that the phone isn't going to be sold in stores anymore. They're moving the current inventory and no new units will be made. It does NOT mean that HTC/TMO will cease support/updates for the device. Heck the MyTouch 3G just got an update not too long ago if that tells you anything! Patience, grasshopper.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
What torques me off is the Sensation is getting ICS before the Amaze.
Guess they sold a lot more Sensations.

Those of us who test and evaluate software for a living are more than happy to let the other guy be the Beta testers of the first HTC ICS implementation for a 3g/4g phone. I'm happy to wait for "v1.1."

saturn3

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Acording to a thread I read at tmobile's forum, the amaze with gingerbread is only using 1 core of the dual core proccesor, thats something else that ICS is supposed to fix.
However at XDA forums there is a custom gingerbread rom that claims to use both cores.
So I still hav'nt expirenced the full power of the amaze yet. This phone already competes with the Galaxy SII, so I cant wait to get ICS.

going_home

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Acording to a thread I read at tmobile's forum, the amaze with gingerbread is only using 1 core of the dual core proccesor, thats something else that ICS is supposed to fix.
However at XDA forums there is a custom gingerbread rom that claims to use both cores.
So I still hav'nt expirenced the full power of the amaze yet. This phone already competes with the Galaxy SII, so I cant wait to get ICS.

Unfortunately it looks like the GSII will be getting ICS before the Amaze.

I hope Motorola gets the next Nexus because I'm over HTC .

And Sammysung too since we T-Mobile customers didnt get a Nexus.

And after the G2X debacle dont even go there with LG either.

:mad:

Horr1bleK1tten

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Us galaxy s2 owners 'should ' get ics by the end of this month. But I'm not excited about it tho, seeing as touchwiz will be covering most if not all of ics sexyness.

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S2 using TapaTalk

Fine69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Wow its only using one core and its that close to a SGS2's power rating. Wow so is the SGS2 only using one core but it has 2.3.5 on it I think I saw? I was going to buy one of these off contract tomorrow but might looking closer to the SGS2. I really like this phone to but im the owner of two phone that were abandoned by their manus for updates and support. I really dont want to go down that path again. I didnt want to go SGS2 because well i dont holdter my phone and I do not think it will fit in my jean pocket. I dont want a HTC ONE S because theres no SD slot and no removeable battery.

going_home

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I had the SGII and took it back for the Amaze.

I might jump ship for the One S (in 3 weeks when its released) since it will have ICS.

Had the Amaze almost 5 months, its time for something new.

Been waiting on a T-Mobile Nexus but its not looking like its going to happen for some reason.

:confused:

Horr1bleK1tten

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
The Rezound is getting ICS next week :

Leaked Best Buy Image Reveals Exact Dates Of ICS Updates For Verizon Motorola Droid RAZR/MAXX And HTC Rezound

It better be coming this month for the Amaze or I'm getting the One S.

I want some ICS !

:confused:

Your better off getting the one s the amaze won't get ics for months in q2. And gingerbread on the amaze only utilizes one core. That's why a lot of people were waiting for ics but now that the one s is coming people are jumping ship.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2