Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By blacksapphire08
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Speed Rom Jellybean

Default Where's the love?

I recently picked up a HTC Amaze and cant believe that there are so few threads ifor this phone... and not even a section for Rooting/ROMs. No love?

Default Re: Where's the love?

Check XDA-developers, lots of hacker discussion there. For some, with the new phones coming with no removable battery or memory card slot, the Amaze is more suited for some customization.

Me, though the wireless HDMI feature on the One X and S is surely tempting, the dedicated camera buttons on my Amaze are nice selling point. E.g., taking pics with gloves on.
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

I too found it interesting that there were no ads made for this device. I am pleased with the phone and I am amazed by its' performance. Wanting to share my new found phone joy with a friend I went to youtube to find some sort of official t-mobile or HTC ad promoting this device and came away with nothing. No wonder why no one has heard of it and it is already getting discontinued by t-mobile.

They had ads. Look here.
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Speed Rom Jellybean

Yeah I've seen commercials on TV for the phone, just seems like i'm the only person walking around with this thing in my pocket sometimes lol. I found that the reason it probably doesnt have a Root/ROM section is because S-ON is locked which makes it difficult to flash some ROMs.

I think this phone does get lots of love. Every time I see discussion of Galaxy S II the Amaze gets mentioned with it for comparisons. The price is comparable as well. The battery life kills this phone. The screen is also not so great, and is probably a big reason why the battery dies so quick.

The best description of the screen is from a review I found. He basically said the screen on the Amaze is like a pre-paid phone's screen on steroids and it's true. The viewing angles are not good at all. As soon as you start moving from side to side the image degrades in a hurry. If you view movies or fast moving objects there's ghosting galore. There is backlight bleeding. Contrast isn't very good. The only thing good about the screen is the brightness and the dense pixels per inch.

The screen on the Samsung Galaxy S II is amazing. I've played around with my friend's and it's smoother scrolling and it looks better. I would have bought that one except they are harder to find on the used market and demand a higher price. There were also more complaints online about the microphone but this seems to vary from user to user.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    Speed Rom Jellybean

A bad screen, seriously? It's 540x960 just like a lot of other smartphones and I have no issue seeing it from any angle. You want to see a bad screen go take a look at my last phone, HTC Hero. I'm not saying there arent better screens out there (Samsung GII being a good example) but this one isnt far behind at all.

Battery life isnt bad at all either. If you have everything running at once (Facebook app, GPS, etc) then yeah it's gonna kill any phone's battery. I have mine rooted which basically doubled the battery life for me. I can go 2 days now with regular use before needing a charge. The only thing that really sucks the battery for me is playing games.
    ChromeJob likes this.
    Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!

Wink Re: Where's the love?

Quote Originally Posted by Mahadragon View Post
    I think this phone does get lots of love. Every time I see discussion of Galaxy S II the Amaze gets mentioned with it for comparisons. The price is comparable as well. The battery life kills this phone. The screen is also not so great, and is probably a big reason why the battery dies so quick.

The best description of the screen is from a review I found. He basically said the screen on the Amaze is like a pre-paid phone's screen on steroids and it's true. The viewing angles are not good at all. As soon as you start moving from side to side the image degrades in a hurry. If you view movies or fast moving objects there's ghosting galore. There is backlight bleeding. Contrast isn't very good. The only thing good about the screen is the brightness and the dense pixels per inch.

The screen on the Samsung Galaxy S II is amazing. I've played around with my friend's and it's smoother scrolling and it looks better. I would have bought that one except they are harder to find on the used market and demand a higher price. There were also more complaints online about the microphone but this seems to vary from user to user.

Seriously ?

I had the GSII and took it back and got the Amaze.
    The Amaze has a higher screen resolution.
    Better looking screen, colors more vivid.
    The pics taken on the GSII are washed out looking compared to those taken on the Amaze.

And Sense is 100 percent more tolerable than Touchwiz.

Nexus phones are thee best, and Touchwiz the worst.

Hebrews 13:8

Hi......
    I am Apps and new in this site.
    Please suggest me some gambling sites....
    Thank You
    Best Apps

Quote Originally Posted by Mahadragon View Post
    ... The screen is also not so great, and is probably a big reason why the battery dies so quick.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksapphire08 View Post
    A bad screen, seriously? It's 540x960 just like a lot of other smartphones and I have no issue seeing it from any angle. You want to see a bad screen go take a look at my last phone, HTC Hero. I'm not saying there arent better screens out there (Samsung GII being a good example) but this one isnt far behind at all.
    I disagree with Mahadragon. Comparision shots of the Amaze side-by-side with a SGSII, showing some app like Speedtest, indicates a crisper, less saturated screen. If you like oversaturated colors and bleed-over, the SGSII is for you. (You can get third party apps to tone it down, I'm told.) Me, I love the crisp HTC screen, and can read text on it for hours (and I have). Small text requiring strong reading glasses is still well-formed and legible.

Personal preferences and tastes will vary, so I don't doubt some prefer the Samsung displays. To each his/her own....