1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Amaze shuts down when battery under approximately 60%

New member here and my new to me phone shuts off when the battery is below about 60%. It's a "hard" shut down, like the battery is physically removed from the phone while it is on. I have checked the contacts and they appear ok.

I purchased this phone used and in seemingly good condition because I did not want to get stuck with another 2 year contract, and paying full non contract retail was out of my budget. Now I am wondering if I got screwed with a defective phone.

I hope it's only a bad battery. I have ordered a new OEM battery and I am waiting for it to arrive and find out if it corrects the problem.

Has anyone had this happen with their Amaze?

Default Re: Amaze shuts down when battery under approximately 60%

Sounds like it's a bad battery.. or a severely uncalibrated battery..meaning that 60%, could actually be 0% and the sensor is just not reading it correctly.
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Well, I downloaded the program to recalibrate the battery and that really did nothing except maybe make the level indicator more accurate.

Now it shuts off when I try to take a picture, at 77%. Randomly more and more. If a new battery doesn't help, looks like I got screwed out of $300.

I just slammed it down on the counter out of frustration, maybe it will help with a possible bad connection. My patience is getting thin with this brick.

I should have bought a Galaxy 2S.

Is your battery swelling at all? that's a good indication of a bad battery.
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Just thought I would update this. My replacement battery hasn't arrived yet. I don't know if there is a problem with the seller or they used snail mail, but I do have good news anyway.

Apparently after giving my phone some "impact maintenance", it has been behaving well and hasn't shut down since slamming it on the counter. I guess their was a bad connection and, for now, it is working well.

I just hope I don't accidentally drop the phone and have the problem come back. It is in a Trident multi-layer case. The kind that has a silicone inner case and a hard outer one with a kickstand. Pretty nice setup, but it makes the phone bigger overall.

Anyway, I will keep you posted on what happens. Thank you for your responses.

-John