Amaze random shutdowns and crashes - solution found

DSLAM

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
So I've had the Amaze for about 6 months now and everything was great with the phone at first. Then I started getting random shutdowns/crashes where it was like the battery was just pulled. Over the last 3 months it started getting worse and worse, until the phone became almost unusable.

At first, I suspected different software issues like OS settings or apps but I could never get any consistent pattern. I tried changing settings and removing apps. Was it Task Killer?, Juice Defender?, the Weather app?, GPS?, Google Maps?, auto updates? I could never figure it out. Then I realized it never happened when plugged in. Only when I was outside actually using it. I almost threw it into the ground on multiple occasions out of rage. I even started to stop recommending the phone and HTC.

Then it dawned on me that it could be the battery not providing enough juice or something when I started doing anything with it. I called HTC and they sent me a replacement battery with no fuss. I put it in and I have not had one single shutdown or crash. The phone is amazing again.

So I just wanted to let anyone know, so they can avoid the same frustrations. If you are experiencing this kind of behavior, consider the battery.
My only fear is that this new battery will start to breakdown in the future, but who knows? At least it is good for now.

jeff275

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I had similar problems and I turned off Fast boot under Settings->Power and my problems have not resurfaced.

STRETCH9119

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
This is my 3rd phone and none of the answers in this thread
have solved my problem. The one thing I have not done is replace my battery but on my phone it does not matter if it is on the charger or not.
It does seem to get worse and worse over time but I just got my 3rd replacement last week and the very 1st day while on the charger it shutdown/reset. I have no idea what to do?????

DSLAM

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I actually started to have problems again, even with the new battery. I had to send it in again and it was repaired. It has worked fine since then but I'm tired of worrying about it. Planning my next phone now.