1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Random Overheating

Last week I bought a new HTC Amaze to replace my Blackberry, whose trackball had failed. I had my first Amaze exactly 34 hours before it completely failed. After running some tests, I was told there was a defect in the phone. T-mobile gave me a replacement Amaze. Yesterday, while in my pocket, my phone made an odd sound and began to overheat. I pulled it out of my pocket and it was almost too hot to hold. After about 15 seconds, it began to cool again and seemed to return to normal. I find this very disturbing. There was nothing obvious running on the phone and I had not been using it. This is the first time this has occurred but, considering the failure of my first phone, I'm not sure I want to wait for another incident.
    "Amaze" is entirely the wrong name for this phone. It should be "Appalled" What the heck is going on with this thing?

Default Re: Random Overheating

Mine does that sometimes too, maybe once every few days. The temperature would go up to about 44 degrees Celsius at the highest (battery widget shows temp). It usually happens when I'm using my 4G connection. I started using a 3rd party battery and it still does it, but not as much.

You guys have a defect phone or rogue app

Default Re: Random Overheating

Why get the amaze if the HTC one s is out. Return it and get yourself some ice cream sandwich with sense 4.0. You won't be disappointed.