Now That We Are Getting The "Official" ICS....

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Now that we are getting the official version of ICS for the Amaze in a few days is their a way to update to this for those of us who updated with the leaked version a couple of weeks ago? I updated using the version that did not require rooting, just slapping it on the memory card and updating. I have since removed the folder from the memory card.

Why I am asking is because I have a feeling their may be some additional tweeks in the official T-Mobile version that are not present in the leaked version.

BillM.

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Not 100% sure, but from everything that I have read from the various forums, you will not get the OTA automagially. You will, like the above post mentioned, go back to GB, and then the OTA should be available to you.

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Not 100% sure, but from everything that I have read from the various forums, you will not get the OTA automagially. You will, like the above post mentioned, go back to GB, and then the OTA should be available to you.

Then of course the question becomes how do you go back to GB?

Sadly, Android doesn't have a system for updating like Blackberry... where you can easily uninstall the new update and go right back to the previous version. That is the one thing I do miss about Blackberry... actually, its the only thing I miss about Blackberry!

I wonder if HTC will post a manual update file. If so, that will work as you can load it on the SD card and basically force the update via the bootloader. Guess we will have to wait and see....

blacksapphire08

May 2, 2010
Visit site
If you want to go back to a previous OTA RUU you simply have to flash it which causes you to lose root although the phone's bootloader remains unlocked. However, I wouldnt worry about it as i'm sure ROM developers will take the new official RUU and turn it into custom ROMs in a matter of hours. They already did that with the leak a few weeks ago.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2