This phone rocks after ics

jarochos

May 17, 2012
Visit site
]Hi guys I wonder if you guys love this phone after the ics update, all my problems with the phone are gone thanks htc it was worth the wait this will keep me happy until the next nexus :):)

d0362795-aec5-ede7.jpg

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Android Central Forums

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what problems you had prior to the update but one thing is for sure after the update it certainly is a different phone!

I updated with the first leaked version of ICS then had to go with the latest leaked version (my phone would not update to the OTA version due to the software version number of the leaked version) and without a doubt what I have in my hands is not the phone I purchased so many monthts ago. The phone is far more responsive, the car bluetooth issues are gone, audio quality is far better, Wi-Fi Calling works the way it should, battery life is better... and of course all the UI updates that come with ICS and Sense 3.6.

For me, this phone is good for the remainder of the year and possibly beyond.

Reactions: ChromeJob

jarochos

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Wi-fi works great if you have problems just factory reset the phone that should fix your problem

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Android Central Forums

HTCinPhilly

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
The phone is MUCH better with ICS EXCEPT, when on the browser, you can no longer pinch to switch tabs. On Gingerbread, if you had a bunch of tabs open, you could just pinch and easily toggle between them. I haven't found a way to do that with ICS.

Besides that, the performance is much better and my Quadrant scores jumped almost 1000 points (to 3500). The transitions are smoother, the UI lagging is gone and the battery life has improved. I've have no issues with WiFi calling. I'm anxious to try out WiFi direct as well. I don't remember seeing that feature on GingerBread.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:
Reactions: jarochos

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, after repairing with my car, and a couple of outgoing phone calls, it would appear that the Bluetooth problems with vehicles' hands-free systems may be better (depending on make and model).

I made a test stereo recording, and though there was some ambient noise from the mic near the lens, I couldn't discern the cycling/cadence electronic noise. I'll make another test video or two while focusing, after 72 hours of operation. (Previously, a factory reset resolved the noise until about 80 hours after operation.)

A little disappointed in Sense 3.6, but in general ICS+Sense3.6 seems snappier, smoother, with no small number of improvements (see separate thread). :) AnTuTu Benchmark score didn't improve, but System Panel Pro clearly showed AnTuTu exercising both processor cores:

20120526-0835_antutubenchmarkdualcorecpu.png

I downloaded Quandrant Benchmark, which I'd never used before, but its score didn't impress me. The phone doesn't seem to be benchmarking any better,... but real world use of Quell, Osmos, Where's My Water and video felt like they were loading faster, and exiting and restarting faster. That is, moving from menu to game, back to menu, etc.

Battery life ... I haven't seen anything different. I can compare performance and battery consumption over the next few weeks.

Last edited:

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Correction, the cycling noise is still present in stereo recordings, 36 hours after update. :banghead:

// Sent from my Interociter //

Italiannyc

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah updated and was the worst thing I can do. Yes everything about the phone is better EXCEPT try talking on wifi calling for 10 minutes or longer and see the DELAY you get. The person doesnt hear what I say for at least 3 seconds after I talk.

Alot of people on XDA are complaining about the same thing. Its apparently an ICS bug. T-Mobile told me the same

So if you rely on WIFI calling, then dont update. I wish I didnt

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I get the 'incompatible SIM card" warning on reboot, and I most def have the correct, latest SIM (December, 2011) .

Unless a new, new one is needed...?

// Sent from my Interociter using the AC forum app //