Help Please....Just Upgraded to ICS....Have Problems

nevercanstop

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
First, let me admit, I was not thinking clearly this morning. Got a pop-up message on phone about upgrading to ICS. I was running a stock HTC Amaze - not rooted - on Simple Mobile, and it was working great.

Upgraded phone and love the new interface but having two problems, even after setting up the phone to run on the Simple network.

1. Phone is slow and will only run/display 2G whereas it used to be fast and say 4G.

2. Wifi tethering seems to be gone as it will not allow a tethered device to go to the page requested.

3. My android smiles are gone now......

Any suggestions on what to do would be GREATLY appreciated.....

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Q: do you have the tethering add-on in your plan? You'd need that for tethering.

You might need to check that high speed data is enabled. Or try one of the troubleshooting steps they have posted on T-Mobile (Amaze Memory Clear app, Recovery Cache Partition wipe), before resorting to a factory reset. (I'm going post a new topic with links to these.)

blacksapphire08

May 2, 2010
Visit site
It's not just you, the ICS radio is far worse than the Gingerbread one. Mine used to stay on 4G like 99% of the time and now its hard to get 4G and sometimes cant even get a signal. If I didnt like the interface so much I would have gone back to Gingerbread a while ago. Here's hoping that they release a better radio.