Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Digital Keyboard won't appear; ICS

if you dont see "touch input" on the the list then ANY KEYBOARD INPUT method and clear the data. For example I use SWIPE keyboard so I click swipe and cleared all the data PLUS my LG keyboard, I cleared that data as well. So clear ALL your keyboard methods of data and it'll reset and you should be good

try clearing ALL your keyboards install on your phone

Quote Originally Posted by jason0214865 View Post
    Although you already reset you're phone I would like to post a solution for others to see. For anyone having this problem just go to settings>applications and tap the "All" tab. Scroll down to where it says "Touch Input" and tap that. Then hit "Clear data." That should fix the problem
    What if theres a password on your phone and u can't get in because of the problem with the keyboard?

Well I do thank you for posting this.. I tried but could not find Touch input,, I did find Android keyboard,, ad cleared the cache.. no good.. I then went to Settings.. took a deep breath and cleared that cache also.. still no good,, I rebooted the fone,, still wont open the keyboard..so.. last resort i took out the battery as there is no Reset button or hole on this fone,, so removed the battery,, and using the metal tip of charger connector,, shorted out the battery connectors on the fone.. This cannot damage the phone, but will remove any small charge still lingering inside..
    I replaced the battery..restarted the phone and BINGO.. keyboard is back.
    So.. dont know how long it will last but fingers crossed.. phone is MITO A 100 Android 2,3,6 2013 model
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123