Digital Keyboard won't appear; ICS

Nehebkau

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. So I upgraded to ICS a little while ago now and was having nothing short of a good experience with the change it brought. Then random occurance today. When I go to input text, within a text message, url, social app, etc etc...the key board simply will not pop up. It just isn't there, as though the phone isn't recognizing that press. The screen and phone is fully responsive in every other way. Any clue as to what is going on? I haven't really done anything today that would have made this whole thing start that I can think of.

EDIT : Ended up resorting to a reset. It works fine now, extremely curious though as to what occurred before hand.

Last edited:

jason0214865

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Although you already reset you're phone I would like to post a solution for others to see. For anyone having this problem just go to settings>applications and tap the "All" tab. Scroll down to where it says "Touch Input" and tap that. Then hit "Clear data." That should fix the problem

Gkins3

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I had some-what the same problem and always thought the issue was my SwiftKey keyboard or Chrome. Occasionally when I go to type a url or other text, the keyboard is not visible. If you start typing as if the keyboard was there, the keys would one by one show up as you touched the screen. We'll see if the clear data option fixes it.

Mason Lang

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Search in your all category for the keyboard app you are using and click clear in that. I had to clear swype to get mine to work again.

Swid Hd

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
MG i just have the same problem. and the worst is, i use password to lock the screen, and the keyboard didnt came up. what am i suppose to

Audra K

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Samsung galaxy 3gs
the setting appears as "TouchWizHome". And it still did NOT fix the problem!

- - - Updated - - -

did the reset. didn't fix problem

Karen Lillywhite

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Digital Keyboard won't appear

I tried to select the all button but the option of Touch Keyboard was not available in my list. I searched through and no fix could be found. Rebooting the phone looks like the only option that works. :(

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

I tried to select the all button but the option of Touch Keyboard was not available in my list. I searched through and no fix could be found. Rebooting the phone looks like the only option that works. :(

What kind of phone do you have and what are you trying to do?

lhugari

May 22, 2013
Visit site

I have HTC Sprint VO 4G.
And I will improve my Android version from 2.2 to a new one like this one when I flash this ROM.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

I have HTC Sprint VO 4G.
And I will improve my Android version from 2.2 to a new one like this one when I flash this ROM.

This is the Amaze 4G forum. Be sure you are flashing ROMs for your EVO and not an Amaze ROM

Archer Civil

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Although you already reset you're phone I would like to post a solution for others to see. For anyone having this problem just go to settings>applications and tap the "All" tab. Scroll down to where it says "Touch Input" and tap that. Then hit "Clear data." That should fix the problem

Thanks Dear
it worked for me :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca