Digital Keyboard won't appear; ICS

falcon00

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm having problems with the digital keyboard on my Huawei 550y not popping up and my model doesn't have a ' Touch Input' option in the Manage apps section. It doesn't seem to have any other section for the standard keyboard either, only for the google keyboard.

LexyA

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys! My QWERTY keyboard wouldn't come up either on my Samsung Galaxy Light (Model # SGH-T399N). I started to resolve it by reading some of the comments on here. But after I went to my applications, I couldn't find the "Touch Input " option. So here's what you do. Go to Settings> More (3 dots over it)> Application Manager> ALL (directly under Application Manager)> Scroll down to Samsung Keyboard> touch "Clear Data". This worked for me.

Brooke Van Peski

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
For the HTC One M8 the icon is called "HTC Sense Input"

I cleared data, restarted and the keyboard was back.

Thang God this forum exists

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Prashant Jasoria

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
I have Lenovo A850. I'm also having same problem of keypad not showing up. I tried to search "Key Input" in All section but it is not there. Please tell me what to do?

Terry Hubbard

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Receeently had the glass replaced on a 9" android tablet a Nobis. My grandson could not remember the password but tried to get on anyway we have the password and username but the keyboard won't com up and it did before. would internet connection havvee aaanything to do with it?:(

denise_campion

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Have HTC Evo 4G with Swype turned on...I found Swype in the apps list and cleared data and restarted phone...Worked!! Back in keyboard business. Thank you.:)

darian5044

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
if you dont see "touch input" on the the list then ANY KEYBOARD INPUT method and clear the data. For example I use SWIPE keyboard so I click swipe and cleared all the data PLUS my LG keyboard, I cleared that data as well. So clear ALL your keyboard methods of data and it'll reset and you should be good:cool:

Hailey2101

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
Although you already reset you're phone I would like to post a solution for others to see. For anyone having this problem just go to settings>applications and tap the "All" tab. Scroll down to where it says "Touch Input" and tap that. Then hit "Clear data." That should fix the problem

What if theres a password on your phone and u can't get in because of the problem with the keyboard?

Mattyinbali

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
Well I do thank you for posting this.. I tried but could not find Touch input,, I did find Android keyboard,, ad cleared the cache.. no good.. I then went to Settings.. took a deep breath and cleared that cache also.. still no good,, I rebooted the fone,, still wont open the keyboard..so.. last resort i took out the battery as there is no Reset button or hole on this fone,, so removed the battery,, and using the metal tip of charger connector,, shorted out the battery connectors on the fone.. This cannot damage the phone, but will remove any small charge still lingering inside..
I replaced the battery..restarted the phone and BINGO.. keyboard is back.
So.. dont know how long it will last but fingers crossed.. phone is MITO A 100 Android 2,3,6 2013 model

Last edited:

keila Costa

Jan 19, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I have a problem with my phone its and HTC one. Yesterday last night, all of sudden my keyboard stopped working. I tried reseting my phone and turning it back on and it didn't work. Also, I tried going to my settings into apps, to disable the lg keyboard on my phone and I don't have it. I had to download the google board manually, but I don't want top use that one. I want to get the normal one back. can you please try to fix my problem?

Thank you,

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
if you clear the data on you phone what will it clear off of your phone?

Welcome to Android Central! Clearing the data from the keyboard app will reset the settings/preferences to default, and will probably also delete your saved personal dictionary.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have a problem with my phone its and HTC one. Yesterday last night, all of sudden my keyboard stopped working. I tried reseting my phone and turning it back on and it didn't work. Also, I tried going to my settings into apps, to disable the lg keyboard on my phone and I don't have it. I had to download the google board manually, but I don't want top use that one. I want to get the normal one back. can you please try to fix my problem?

Thank you,

Welcome to Android Central! This is a very old thread about a very old phone, so you may want to create a new thread with your question in the appropriate HTC One subforum.

It would help to know more details about how the keyboard isn't working. Does it show up but not respond? Does it not show up at all? Do you get an error message?

Vasilije Jovicici

Jul 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy J16 and same thing for me.I have a password that needs rto be types in but it wont show up.Please help this has been going on for the last 2 monthes and nothing helped.:-[:':)(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol