Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default terrible battery life

so ive had the phone for about 4 months now, til now the battery life was decent. not as good as my blackberry but rather accpetable for a smart phone. then one day, i had forgot my phone on the charger when i went to work. so the phone has been charging from 10pm one night til around 6pm the next day so thats roughly 20hrs. i took it off the charger and within 4hrs it battery life was down to ~50%. i was like weird, didnt think anthing of it just thought i had an app open, killed all tasks and went to bed. the next day same story im like wtf so i think i fried the battery and bought a new one. NOW same deal with the new one, so i did some research and found a factory restore might fix the issue. i did a factory restore last night. this morning same freaking deal, the phone has been off the charger for 21mins on standby and down to 90% from full charge. is it really possible ive damaged the internal hardware of the phone?

im very familiar with battery saving software and how not to kill the battery ie:turning off gps etc so its not a rogue app running something

Default Re: terrible battery life

It's hard to say from your symptoms. You might try calling HTC support. They can be pretty helpful, it should still be under warranty and they will fix it for free if there is a hardware issue.