Got new HTC 1 issues with WIFI CALLING

zophini

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I got a brand new HTC One phone with 4.1.2 on it. It works fine when I use cellular but on WIFI my WIFI calling keeps going in and out of enabling to poor WIFI signal. I have this issue at work and any place I go with WIFI. This happens on a open or secured network. A friend of mine who also has T-mobile has a S3 phone and had the same exact issue but Samsung found a fix by typing in on the number pad *#0011# then changing a setting. They have to turn off the WIFI screen saver. Is there a way to fix this issue on the HTC One? On my friends phone when he was on 4.1.1 everything worked great.

I cannot get onto the internet, get text or email or take and make calls.

Please help!!!!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Try going to settings, click wifi, click the top right menu button and go to advanced, and then make sure "Keep wifi on during sleep" is set to always.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

Attachments

• 1374085328000.jpg
    1374085328000.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 38

zophini

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I followed those steps and the setting was already set to 'always'. On my friends phone when he put tha code it it looked like the phone went to 'DOS' mode.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I followed those steps and the setting was already set to 'always'. On my friends phone when he put tha code it it looked like the phone went to 'DOS' mode.

Very weird. I'd maybe return your phone for another one.. Mine works on the WiFi calling without any issue.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

zophini

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I did that and I was already set to 'Alway'.
Do you know what to type in on the key pad to get to teh screen to turn off wifi power saver? My friends Samsung works fine now. But the samsung code does not work for HTC phones.

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
If you talk to the right people at Tmo, they will tell you that is a "feature". "We make our Wifi shut off when not in use to save battery".

Doesn't matter that you need Wifi on to accept a call. They think this is a good thing.

Unless HTC can send a "fix", you are out of luck. This is set from Tmo, one of their "enhancements to the OS.

On my One S at the first JB update, they forgot to add this "feature" and my phone worked GREAT for about a week, then they came out with a patch. Didn't tell you what the patch was, just download it to solve several "bugs"..... BAM Wifi calling goes to **** again. Called TMo, "yeah, that feature was missed. That's why we sent the patch. to fix it"

What a joke.

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Chis, I have been fighting this problem since day 1 with my HTC one S.

I logged more time talking to Tmo (from a land line), than I did actually talking on the One s.

After 1 1/2 years of Tmo telling me that the WiFi not working is a feature. YOUR FIX WORKED !!!!

Downloaded Smart sync, clicked the two buttons, and in the words of Emeril DAMN !!!!!! worked just like it was supposed to day one.

Now I may actually end up keeping this phone after my time is up.

Thanks

Chis Jewell

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Your welcome :) but I can't take to much credit. Someone else on the forum recommended the app to me. BIG thank you to them !! ( can't remember who )