How do you screenshot a snapchat?

Juan Grajeda

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I can't seem to figure out how to screenshot a snapchat with the HTC One. I've tried the power button + home button. Doesn't work. Power button + volume down doesn't work. I've even tried the one where you lock the screen and reopen the snapchat but that doesn't work either. Anyone else having this problem? Plz help!

Posted via Android Central App

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I can't seem to figure out how to screenshot a snapchat with the HTC One. I've tried the power button + home button. Doesn't work. Power button + volume down doesn't work. I've even tried the one where you lock the screen and reopen the snapchat but that doesn't work either. Anyone else having this problem? Plz help!

This might help: How to Screenshot a Snapchat: 10 Steps - wikiHow

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

If your phone is rooted then there's apps like , snapsave, snapkeep and if not there's apps like snapcapture (the free version only allowes 20 saves though)

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..

Juan Grajeda

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Snapchat screenshot

Can any of you screenshot a snapchat with the tmobile htc one? I've tried the normal way with the power and home button and I've tried the power and volume down button but they don't seem to work

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Juan Grajeda

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I looked at it and it didn't seem to help. This is very frustrating. Thanks for your help though

How do I know whether my phone is rooted or not?

Sorry I'm not very phone tech savvy lol

Last edited by a moderator:

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
If you don't know if you have root, then you probably don't have root. But do you see any apps like SuperSU or Superuser in your app menu?

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
If your phone is rooted then there's apps like , snapsave, snapkeep and if not there's apps like snapcapture (the free version only allowes 20 saves though)

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..

don't these apps or taking a screenshot for that matter pretty much nullifies the whole concept of snapchat?

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
i dont have an htc one but on every other phone its always power button and volume down while you touch the screen. Like everyone said whats the point of snapchat if your going to screenshot it anyway?

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
This thread seems pretty jacked up. If you want to keep the picture that someone is sending you, have them text it to you or send it on facebook or something. If you don't want to ask them to do that, or if they don't want to do that, then you know that you shouldn't be trying to keep whatever picture they're sending you.Quit trying to take advantage of people, dude.

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
The HTC ONE used POWER PLUS HOME and POWER PLUS VOLUME DOWN... But you cannot just "PRESS and Release" you must HOLD IT DOWN for a few seconds.... Ive tried it, so i know it works

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Why are you all so interested in helping defeat snap chat? Wonder if you'd be as willing to help if someone was trying to defeated it for messages you were sending?

JesseMoMoney

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
This thread seems pretty jacked up. If you want to keep the picture that someone is sending you, have them text it to you or send it on facebook or something. If you don't want to ask them to do that, or if they don't want to do that, then you know that you shouldn't be trying to keep whatever picture they're sending you.Quit trying to take advantage of people, dude.

Okay... This seems to be blown way out of proportion. The original poster asked how to screenshot a snapchat (which is a feature most current smartphones can do). He/She did not ask to be judged or to be told that this is not right. In your mind, you probably are thinking about nude pictures or unattractive pictures of someone. If the thread maker is anything like me, this is for comedic purposes and solely for fun. Some Snaps deserve to be viewed forever or at least by you whenever you feel like it - it's that funny or meaningful. If someone sends a nude, then the person who screenshots is not at fault, the person sending the nudes out are exposing themselves. Once you put it out there, it's out and you must suffer any consquences. I used to be able to screenshot snapchats by using Home + Power/Lock button, but with an updated version of my phone I no longer cannot.

Back to the topic: I can screenshot Snapchats by using the Volume Down + Home button, I have tried Volume Up + Home but this does not seem to work. I have also tried screenshotting Stories but this doesn't seem to work. I only screenshot ugly pictures of friends because they have a ton of me; I was unable to screenshot my friends' ugly snapchats for the longest time and they knew this and took advantage of the situation for almost 8 months. I stumbled upon this thread and now I can screenshot Snapchats, but not stories.

Again, only Snapchats are screenshot-able by using Volume Down + Home. I use the HTC One SV (exclusive for Cricket I think, now discontinued). Stories are not screenshot-able as far can I can tell. I can be wrong. Hopefully I am. Hope this helped. :D