• 2 Post By Almeuit
  • 1 Post By coronaboy10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

Default LTE Hotspot goodness

I was pretty impressed with using LTE radio as hotspot. I was only receiving one bar of LTE and I'm still able use my One as hotspot for my Nexus 7 watching netflix in an HD stream without buffering. I also was able to surf on my phone at the same time and have no issue. With one bar. Im pretty sure i wouldnt be able to do that with hspa+.

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: LTE Hotspot goodness

Quote Originally Posted by coronaboy10 View Post
    I was pretty impressed with using LTE radio as hotspot. I was only receiving one bar of LTE and I'm still able use my One as hotspot for my Nexus 7 watching netflix in an HD stream without buffering. I also was able to surf on my phone at the same time and have no issue. With one bar. Im pretty sure i wouldnt be able to do that with hspa+.
    Having a fast, stable connection is great. T-Mobile is doing some good things with their network, so hopefully things continue to improve and get better.

I think every One is showing only one bar of LTE presently, but I think that's a cosmetic glitch rather than reduced reception since the speed is still impressive. I think they will fix it when the KitKat update comes.

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

Thats not true in my case. Because thats only indoors. Outside I get 5 full bars. And just about everyone I go I have more than just one bar, its just inside that I had one bar.

Thats not true in my case. Because thats only indoors. Outside I get 5 full bars. And just about everyone I go I have more than just one bar, its just inside that I had one bar.
    What version of the software are you running?

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

Quote Originally Posted by popartist View Post
    What version of the software are you running?

Ah, my One on 4.3 shows one bar on LTE everywhere, indoors and out. Speed has been great though! Anyway the 4.4 update is imminent, I am betting it will fix that problem.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

Its actually stronger now i think. I've done a reset on my device and since I've done that I now get at least two LTE bars inside. I reset because my calls kept dropping. Since the reset I havent had one. But I needed to do a reset because I hadnt done one for 4.3. Seems to have corrected the dropped calls.

They are working on their network. I work in a category 5 hurricane proof building so I go from 4/4 bars outside to 1/4 bars inside. It is their spectrum that can be killed by some buildings.. But usually a solid 1 bar connection is still fast. I have 5 people (including me) on my 1 bar of LTE and we can all do anything without hassle.

Below is a speed test on a coworkers iPhone.. He is on my hotspot with 1 bar .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LTE Hotspot goodness-1391010755969.jpg  
    coronaboy10 and Jaramie3 like this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    They are working on their network. I work in a category 5 hurricane proof building so I go from 4/4 bars outside to 1/4 bars inside. It is their spectrum that can be killed by some buildings.. But usually a solid 1 bar connection is still fast. I have 5 people (including me) on my 1 bar of LTE and we can all do anything without hassle.

Below is a speed test on a coworkers iPhone.. He is on my hotspot with 1 bar .

I can confirm. I was able to use my One as a hotspot with soley one bar of LTE indoors.
    Thanked by:
    Almeuit likes this.

I can confirm. I was able to use my One as a hotspot with soley one bar of LTE indoors.
    Yep it works great .