Google Maps Cache 1.7GB...Why So HIgh?
I am happy HTC choose to go with 32GB for the One, but does anyone know why the cache is so high for Maps? What is it doing for me and if I were to clear it what would I loose? I have never seen any app cache that high and I am starting to get a little low on storage on my phone.
- 01-30-2014, 08:26 PM #2"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
Galaxy Note 4
- 01-30-2014, 09:04 PM #4
- 02-01-2014, 03:36 PM #6
- 02-10-2014, 09:39 AM #7
Re: Google Maps Cache 1.7GB...Why So HIgh?
You can leave cache alone, as it is safe and manages itself. Cache is a temporary storage for your phone to access everytime you open an app, that is stored there for future use. So, if you use maps, for example, your phone will find your location. Then you tell it where you want to go. Then go from there, and so on. Your phone will store your Maps cache (ie: your location, City, etc) for next time it's used.
This is so that your phone doesn't have to work as hard to power up the app, start up a location search, etc. The app cache remains at a standstill till you use the app again. Also note, that your phone will remove any files that aren't being used automatically. This is so that it can make room for other programs.
Clearing out cache just make your phone have to work harder, drain your battery more, and make you wait longer to open/use an app.
- By 3neekimmy in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 5Last Post: 06-10-2015, 01:29 PM
- By touchthatpad106 in forum Android AppsReplies: 5Last Post: 02-03-2014, 09:07 AM
- By princesultan in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 7Last Post: 01-31-2014, 10:18 PM
- By ddonahueiup in forum Moto G (2013)Replies: 4Last Post: 01-31-2014, 10:56 AM