T-Mobile HTC One: HSPA+ or LTE effects on battery life
In my area, I have decent LTE coverage as well as very good HSPA+ coverage. Has anyone compared battery life of the HTC One when using either HSPA+ versus LTE? Since I've clocked the HSPA+ at nearly equivalent download speeds to the LTE here, it really just comes down to which one is less of a battery hog.
Just wanted to know if anyone experimented with this yet.....
- 03-06-2014, 02:07 PM #2
- 35 Posts
Re: HSPA+ or LTE effects on battery life
Interesting question. I think it would be hard to determine simply because battery life seems to be affected by the version of Android/Sense you're running.
Example, when I first got my One running 4.1.2/5 there was no LTE in my area. Battery life on HSPA+42 was so so. By the time I got 4.3/5, I had solid LTE so I didn't test HSPA+ with the new software version. Now that I've received 4.4.2/5.5, my battery life on LTE is superior to that of the original software/network despite my phone being almost a year old.
- 03-06-2014, 02:57 PM #3
I haven't noticed a difference in battery life while idle though, and I get 4/4 bars on H+ and varies from 2-4/4 bars when on LTE
Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
- 05-09-2014, 06:18 AM #4
Re: T-Mobile HTC One: HSPA+ or LTE effects on battery life
I get 20mb down on HSPA+ and 35mb down on LTE. I noticed HSPA+ is better on the battery. I have the HTC ONE and iPhone 5S, both better battery on HSPA+.
Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
- By Giannis9700 in forum HTC One SReplies: 2Last Post: 03-06-2016, 03:52 PM
- By Shubham Patil in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2Replies: 1Last Post: 11-29-2014, 08:44 AM
- By anthony2558 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 6Last Post: 03-07-2014, 12:19 PM
- By Genaro_Nava in forum Moto G (2013)Replies: 1Last Post: 03-04-2014, 07:03 PM
- By frjeff in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 03-04-2014, 10:48 AM