Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation HTC One Bricked?? Bootloop, Won't Boot Into OS

I've been reading all possible forums for the past 3 days, and I can't figure it out. Yesterday my HTC One was at 1%, I plugged in the charger but too late, the phone turned off shortly after. No worry I tell myself, just wait and it'll be back up.

No luck. It went into a bootloop. It goes to the HTC screen, then reboots and turns on again to the same screen. Once in a blue moon it goes to the T-Mobile screen, but then reboots as well.

Never rooted, never installed custom roms, never done anything special to this phone until now. I have some important notes on it and I wish I could get to the SD Card to back them up, but I already am prepared to lose them all

I read about the POWER + VOL DOWN, so I played around with it, tried the reboots, reboot bootloader, power down, factory reset.
    If that can help here's the info that shows:
    *** LOCKED ***
    M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
    HBOOT-1.56.0000
    RADIO-4A.24.3263.09
    OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
    OS-4.19.531.10
    eMM-boot 2048MB
    Feb 3 2014

Also tried the recovery (where we apparently have to hold power + vol up + vol down?) and get to this screen:
    Android system recovery <3e>
    KOT49H release-keys
    [...]
    Mount SDCARD failed 1 times
    Mount SDCARD failed 2 times
    Mount SDCARD failed 3 times
    Mount SDCARD failed 4 times
    Mount SDCARD failed 5 times
    Can not mount SD Card. (No such device)
    Write host_mode: 0 done

On this screen I tried all the wipes and "apply from ***" but still no luck.

I'm reading about the RUUs (downloaded RUU_M7_UL_JB43_SENSE50_MR_TMOUS_3.24.531.3_Radio_4 A.21.3263.03_10.38m.1157.04_release_336982_signed_ 2.exe although my radio is higher than this one?) but not sure what I'm doing at this point.

As I'm travelling this phone is my only connection and I don't have access to a real computer often. Any help is much appreciated!