No mobile data after disconnecting from wifi

unoupchuck

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Anyone have this issue where there's no mobile data after disconnecting from wifi? The thing is, the LTE icon is there, it's just there's no upstream/downstream traffic (see image). Mobile data eventually kicks in after restarting my phone a couple of times.

Screenshot_2014-09-21-15-29-23.jpg

I currently have the HTC One developer edition running on the tmobile network.

unoupchuck

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Looks like it was an issue with my SIM card. T-Mobile replaced it and everything works fine now. Another thing I noticed with my new SIM card is that I now get 5 full bars of reception, instead of the usual 3 bars like you see above.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Your not the first to say a sim card replacement fixed an issue, but from a technical stand point, replacing a sim card makes very little sense to me as to how it can fix signal and reception issues. The only thing that makes me understand why this works is it forces the system to update with a new sim card number and there fore re-provision the account and device with the new info.
Basically i think its a glitch in their system that was really causing your problems but by replacing the sim and thus updating the account info from the system down to the phone fixed the issue.
in short, im glad its fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781