Do you Like your HTC Sensation?

zjs

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I really would like to know if the Sensation should be my next phone. I've been reading around and it seems as if everyone has complaints about the phone. I would simply like to know if overall, you have enjoyed your experience so far with the phone. Also, if you don't like the phone or have returned it, why did you make the choice that you did?

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a Nexus One, I really like this phone. It is very solid and the overall look is nice. It is noticeably faster than my previous phone. I haven't had any real problems with my phone either. That being said, the minute the bootloader is unlocked (either by HTC or the awesome folks at XDA) I will root it and put on an alternate ROM.

zjs

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a Nexus One, I really like this phone. It is very solid and the overall look is nice. It is noticeably faster than my previous phone. I haven't had any real problems with my phone either. That being said, the minute the bootloader is unlocked (either by HTC or the awesome folks at XDA) I will root it and put on an alternate ROM.

how long have you had it? Because I've heard of people having problems a little later down the road.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I really would like to know if the Sensation should be my next phone. I've been reading around and it seems as if everyone has complaints about the phone. I would simply like to know if overall, you have enjoyed your experience so far with the phone. Also, if you don't like the phone or have returned it, why did you make the choice that you did?

Whenever a new Android phone is released it will launch with software bugs. The Sensation is an awesome phone. I have owned mine since Jun. 17 and couldn't be happier. I came from a Blackberry 8900/9700 and used the iPhone for a short time. My only beef with the Sensation is I wish the build quality was better. Others have praised it but I think HTC could have done a lot better. Just doesn't feel solid and sturdy. I've had some of the common software bugs such as my apps on the SD card all have the same Android icon and occasionally an app will force close. Sometimes my connection is lost despite the fact it says '4G' with 5 bars. I really feel for the G2X owners who got screwed because it is looking like T-Mobile has completely abandoned that phone. The Sensation 4G is very very stable and really fun to use. Its an excellent phone and I anxiously await our first software update. You won't regret your decision.

Reactions: matthewkreth

Tacjim

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
If you take the amount of complaints you see here and divided by the number of Sensations sold, I'm thinking under 1% of the people have problems and are unhappy. I got mine at Walmart on June 8th, and it's been fantastic! I too came from a Nexus One. The minor complaints I have, why didn't we get the 1730 mAh battery? Or the 1gb of Ram? Did HTC let Sprint talk them into short changing us to steal customers? I wouldn't put it past Hesse, he seems to be doing all he can to steal customers before AT&T-Mobile and Verizon gobbles him up. Then again, I almost bailed because TMO cracked down on tethering...unlimited Sprint is VERY tempting to me.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
If you take the amount of complaints you see here and divided by the number of Sensations sold, I'm thinking under 1% of the people have problems and are unhappy. I got mine at Walmart on June 8th, and it's been fantastic! I too came from a Nexus One. The minor complaints I have, why didn't we get the 1730 mAh battery? Or the 1gb of Ram? Did HTC let Sprint talk them into short changing us to steal customers? I wouldn't put it past Hesse, he seems to be doing all he can to steal customers before AT&T-Mobile and Verizon gobbles him up. Then again, I almost bailed because TMO cracked down on tethering...unlimited Sprint is VERY tempting to me.

Yeah I agree on the battery but honestly I'm finding it to be excellent. I'm getting 2 days of use out of mine. Will most users really notice the difference between 768MB of ram vs the 1 GB? I think once the Sensation gets its update it will run much smoother.

T-Mobile is much better than Sprint. They have much faster speeds and a much better network. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't sprint cap 3G data? Their 4G isn't that widespread yet where you'll always be on WiMax to actually get "true unlimited data." I also heard if Sprint doesn't like ya, they toss ya, especially those who like to continuously reach their 3G 5GB cap. I'll take my throttled speeds with T-Mobile any day. I've said this before and I'll say it again, GSM>CDMA. CDMA technology is outdated and not the future. UTMS/HSDPA/HSPA+ is much faster than EVDO/WIMAX.

It really frustrates me that the poor Sensation isn't nearly half as popular as the Evo 3D. The Evo 3D is popular for one reason and thats because its on Sprint.

Reactions: gguy1

Tacjim

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I agree on the battery but honestly I'm finding it to be excellent. I'm getting 2 days of use out of mine. Will most users really notice the difference between 768MB of ram vs the 1 GB? I think once the Sensation gets its update it will run much smoother.

T-Mobile is much better than Sprint. They have much faster speeds and a much better network. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't sprint cap 3G data? Their 4G isn't that widespread yet where you'll always be on WiMax to actually get "true unlimited data." I also heard if Sprint doesn't like ya, they toss ya, especially those who like to continuously reach their 3G 5GB cap. I'll take my throttled speeds with T-Mobile any day. I've said this before and I'll say it again, GSM>CDMA. CDMA technology is outdated and not the future. UTMS/HSDPA/HSPA+ is much faster than EVDO/WIMAX.

It really frustrates me that the poor Sensation isn't nearly half as popular as the Evo 3D. The Evo 3D is popular for one reason and thats because its on Sprint.
I don't know who told you that, Sprint has NO cap! Not 2 not 5 not 10gb! Sprint is also going LTE, wimax was/is a failure. Hesse has really turned that company around. Don't get me wrong, I've been with TMO for 6 years now, but I remember a time where I could tether, when I had truly unlimited, unthrottled data...not anymore, I wonder what might happen to us when AT&T gets their hands on us...that alone almost made me go EVO 3D. I'll stick it out two more years...wish US luck.

Sprint also has an aggressive advertising campaign, I must've seen that EVO 4g at least 200 times....

Last edited:

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I like this phone. I want to love it. It has the qualities of a device that I could see myself owning for a while. The phone actually runs slower than my MyTouch 4G. I think the ram has a lot to do with it. I have a 16GB card inside and over 150 apps using Apps2SD. I think there really is too much space taken up by the HTC Sense UI, although I really do like it. Also, I noticed that there are times (lots of them) when I do something like uninstall a program and the phone has a tendency to do a soft reboot and go to the HTC white screen.

Mind you, none of this prevents regular use, but I'm not the power user that I was previously (and that sucks, because I just started working in wireless). I've never had to root before, but I'm thinking this may need to be done. I want to check to see if there's a way that I can keep Sense, and just remove everything else that can go.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't know who told you that, Sprint has NO cap! Not 2 not 5 not 10gb! Sprint is also going LTE, wimax was/is a failure. Hesse has really turned that company around. Don't get me wrong, I've been with TMO for 6 years now, but I remember a time where I could tether, when I had truly unlimited, unthrottled data...not anymore, I wonder what might happen to us when AT&T gets their hands on us...that alone almost made me go EVO 3D. I'll stick it out two more years...wish US luck.

Sprint also has an aggressive advertising campaign, I must've seen that EVO 4g at least 200 times....

You are right, my apologies. I just read many times there is a cap on 3G data but apparently according to Sprint its only on modems. All data used on the phone is truly unlimited which must be nice. I am sure though this will end soon. People know that and will purposely use tons of data just because they can. For the consumer Sprint is great, but how much longer can Sprint hold onto it's unlimited data plans is the real question?

T-Mobile is definitely going under. Two years ago they were what Sprint is now. Perhaps once they merge with AT&T they will improve, I don't know. The Evo 3D will have much more love and longer life support. This time next year the Evo 3D will still be the phone to beat while the Sensation faded away months ago. Not because of the phone, but because of the carrier its on. Sprint has about 20 more million subscribers than T-Mobile and I really wish I knew why. T-Mobile's plans are far superior and offer way more bang for the buck.

Anyway, back on topic here lol... :D

mrrobotanger

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Please tell me how you are getting two days of juice out of this phone? I get until about 4pm at most. No Widgets, everything on manual refresh.

mrrobotanger

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Please tell me how you are getting two days of juice out of this phone? I get until about 4pm at most. No Widgets, everything on manual refresh.

zjs

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
You are right, my apologies. I just read many times there is a cap on 3G data but apparently according to Sprint its only on modems. All data used on the phone is truly unlimited which must be nice. I am sure though this will end soon. People know that and will purposely use tons of data just because they can. For the consumer Sprint is great, but how much longer can Sprint hold onto it's unlimited data plans is the real question?

T-Mobile is definitely going under. Two years ago they were what Sprint is now. Perhaps once they merge with AT&T they will improve, I don't know. The Evo 3D will have much more love and longer life support. This time next year the Evo 3D will still be the phone to beat while the Sensation faded away months ago. Not because of the phone, but because of the carrier its on. Sprint has about 20 more million subscribers than T-Mobile and I really wish I knew why. T-Mobile's plans are far superior and offer way more bang for the buck.

Anyway, back on topic here lol... :D

This looks like it will pose a new question for me if I was to get a Sensation. Is there anything of note that would happen to a T-Mobile user if they were to merge with AT&T?

Tacjim

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
This looks like it will pose a new question for me if I was to get a Sensation. Is there anything of note that would happen to a T-Mobile user if they were to merge with AT&T?

Right now no one knows what will happen to us, don't let anyone tell you different. Here is what I do know, AT&T plans on turning all of TMO 3g towers into LTE towers, this means all older 3g TMO devices won't work on AT&T's network. Will those people loose their good TMO plans when they are forced to upgrade phones? Only time will tell.

Reactions: matthewkreth

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Right now no one knows what will happen to us, don't let anyone tell you different. Here is what I do know, AT&T plans on turning all of TMO 3g towers into LTE towers, this means all older 3g TMO devices won't work on AT&T's network. Will those people loose their good TMO plans when they are forced to upgrade phones? Only time will tell.

So this means that the phones will only work on 2G if/when the merger happens?

mygt8a4re

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I know this is somthing you hear quite a bit but its honeslty true. The battery life really depends on the user. I never keep wifi, bluetooth or gps running constantly or even for long periods of time. I only turn them on when I need them wich is really not that often. So take those things into consideration. Things that constantly need synching will also drain the battery...as well as screen on time, browsing, customizing and gaming. thus the need for the phrase "depends on the user". I Used the Sensation the past 1.5 weeks more than I was using my Vibrant in the last several months because the Sensation is still fairly new to me & I like playing with it, yet Im still going from 6am to 8pm w/o any need for addtional charging (during the work week). I felt the same way about "poor battery" withing the first few weeks of owning my Vibrant because I used it constantly, then I drizzled off and found things that helped save my battery life over time and became more aquainted....a car charger, external battery charger or additional battery is not unheard of with current media smart phones and really help you get what you want out of your phone. Just dont settle on others experience as you dont know exactly how they use thier phone. you do have the 14 day "remorse" period if you decide to purchase the Sensations & want to see how it goes. !!Warning!! your going to fall in love with it...........

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03