headphone Jack problem

dfur1016

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Just starting to notice that when I'm listening to the world's greatest android podcast if I move the headphone Jack in any way while listening it will do one of three things. Either it will advance to a different podcast, pause the podcast, or make a phone call. Anyone else having this problem with their sensation or should I just return this one?

Thanks

danperde

Not quite a noob
Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
What headphones are you using? From what are you describing, it looks like you use some headphones not fully compatible that activates the controls. You know, the ones that can be activated by the controller on the wire. I don't think your phone it's defect, it's the headphones.

u83rp5ych0

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
i had the same problem with some MEElectronics headphones. The ones with the button for forward/pause/ play/ back would do the same thing that your describing, although the worked just fine with my n1. Switch to different headphones and I guarantee it will solve your problem.

mygt8a4re

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
It does seem headphones that are for other cell phones with a mic/answer/etc options cause some issues. I havent had any issues with standard aftermarket headphones that dont have any special features. I have this set of Skullcandy ear buds bought at Target years back that work really well with the Sensation....

dfur1016

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Ya I tried the htc headphones and they work fine it's just too bad that they are just about the worst things on earth! Any good suggestions?

chiefcastor

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I have this problem with the headphones that came with the phone. I don't use them for calling so I think I am just going to get replacements.

I also notice it works fine when the indicator at the top is just headphones, but when it switches to headphones with a mic... everything goes crazy, switches between skipping around in google listen, skipping around in google music, making a call. So, it seems to have some issue when the phone decided to detect the mic.

mygt8a4re

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Im sure Target still sells the Skullcandy headphones. They have a few different types ranging in price. I purchased a set for $15 that had a few different rubber fittings for the most comfortable fit inside your ear. This "inside ear canal" style helps greatly with sound quality, bass & cancelling outside noise over the hang in style buds similiar to the HTC headphones that came with the Sensation....Im sure theres better but Ive had great success with them...

dfur1016

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
the provided htc headphones dont even fit in my ear so the problem is still there. at one point i could hear through my headphones a clicking when the headphone jack would move around and then it would go crazy. how am i going to pass the time at work with ACP! now looking into stereo bluetooth headphones

mygt8a4re

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I havent tried my Motorola S9's that I have with the Sensation yet, Ill charge them up, give them a try this weekend & post results. They worked well on my past Andriod phones. They do have the option to answer/end call as well as change volume and >/< songs....

mygt8a4re

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, its been a while since Ive chimed in....initially I was using my skullcandys wich are still great for music streaming but since have charged up the Moto S9's & those are working "ok" (music wise & within super close range). Ive also hooked up my Vibrant ear buds & those work great as well (both music stream & in call). with the S9's they have a fantastic sound when listening to music but only within a certain distance for some reason. I wentto mow the lawn last week & stuck my Sensation in my pocket & get some cutting out, but if I reached in my pocket & pulled the phone closer to me the cutting out would stop, so that pretty much ruins that. Also, when in call using the S9's the other end complains about a bad echo so Im forced to disconnect BT to continue the call regularly....So for now if I dont want to hold the phone its the Vibrant ear buds wich I also use for music streaming if expecting calls, or just the skullcandy ear buds for soley music...unfortunately I probably wont go back to the S9's unless I get an armband for the Sensation even though I had great sucess in the past with these.....

dfur1016

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Ya the vibrant earbuds are what I was using, they were great until this problem started happening. Guess ill have to hit up my local best buy and play the trial and error game until I find the best headset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma