Restarting without reason + overheating = replacement?

cristrip

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
My sensation started to do two things I didn?t like that much:

1) Restarting without reason or maybe sometimes it will turn off while I?m playing or checking out something?
2) Overheating after 10 min use?.

Is this normal?
Should I ask T-MO for a replacement?

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeez!

mygt8a4re

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean totally shut down & reboot? when using some of the personalizing options it does a short reboot to apply the new setting(s)<shows HTC screen temporarily>....If its turning all the way off or restarting while just using normal apps or features Id say its time for a replacement!

cristrip

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean totally shut down & reboot? when using some of the personalizing options it does a short reboot to apply the new setting(s)<shows HTC screen temporarily>....If its turning all the way off or restarting while just using normal apps or features Id say its time for a replacement!

no.... it's not that. it would turn off (black screen) then the T-MO logo or whatever that is and then the HTC logo.

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The HTC thunderbolt had reboot issues like crazy after an OTA update. I really hope that it doesn't start with the sensation also cause it really sucks if your on a job interview like I was. They sent out another update to fix it two months later.LOL. I rooted to solve the issue my self with alittle help from team bamf. Good luck with this issues.

cristrip

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
ok i got my replacement from t-mo today... i'll keep you posted with updates.
but so everybody knows: i'm talking about a complete reboot. black screen... for a while. then turns on by itself. like nothing... it did it 3 times. next thing: it was dead!

now let's see with this new one.

mygt8a4re

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
ok i got my replacement from t-mo today... i'll keep you posted with updates.
but so everybody knows: i'm talking about a complete reboot. black screen... for a while. then turns on by itself. like nothing... it did it 3 times. next thing: it was dead!

now let's see with this new one.

yeah thats crazy, sorry you had to deal with that....hope your replacement is as good as the Sensation I have. Been really good so far, usual small quirks but in all a great devise. Chime back & let us know how much you love it...Best of luck!

(I hear ya hangdog, wierd huh? :-\)

BCwrangler

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm kinda glad that mine isn't the only one having the reboot problem......I just got mine through Bell today and it's rebooted at least dozen times in 11 hours, mainly in the texting screen. Pulled the battery earlier today too fix it, no luck and also had too shut off live wallpaper due to it chopping off my lock screen. Last reboot was with it sitting on the table and it chimed that I had a text and before I could grab it.....reboot! Try another one tomorrow

ungibbed

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Just a short stint using the Google Earth app on mine caused the "mini reboot" as I call it. My phone was really running hot and just looking at a view of the 3D models that are enabled on dual core phones.

After what seemed twenty minutes of checking stuff out, Earth simply quit without a force close notice and the next thing I was looking at was the HTC screen. I bought mine on the first of the month and stopped by my T-Mobile retail store where I bought the phone and they had replaced my battery :confused: , but to return my phone if I feel this bugger is knackered, they wanted to charge me $50 to return or exchange it.

I haven't had overheating issue since then while playing nova, but still afraid to fire up Google Earth again to see if my phone melts in my hand giving me third degree burns or worse.

I'm really feeling the hurt on this as I paid cash for mine. I can buy a hot plate at target for far less than the near $600 for this sucker that's still got me nervous.

cristrip

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE!!!!!!!!

this is like the second week with my new HTC SENSATION and ZERO PROBLEMS. no restarting. everything is fine now.... and plus! NO OVERHEATING while i'm playing ANGRY BIRDS or watchin por...i mean movies (cough cough!)

so, yeah, if you guys have this problem.. go to your courier and exchange it ASAP.

T-MO charged me $5 and i got my replacement the next day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance