HELP!! Just got my sensation, wifi screen black!

dfairlite#AC

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I just got my sensation in the mail, went to turn on wifi and screen goes black! I pull the battery and it boots to a blank screen. So I do a factory reset, and it works! go back to turn on wifi (or wifi hotspot both do the same thing) and it goes black! buttons on bottom light up but the screen is black. I think their is a glitch in the software, is there a way to reinstall the whole OS?

Thanks in advance!

mygt8a4re

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
have to ask....did you quik press the power button to see if the screen would turn back on (sleep mode set to fast)? sometimes the easiest things are the culptrit......if not Id suggest getting a replacement.

dfairlite#AC

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I've tried pressing all the buttons. nothing will bring the screen back up. I am coming to android from bb and with those you can wipe the phone completely clean and re-install the OS, is there a way to do that with android or no? I would get a replacement, but the stupid t-mobile people won't ship to an APO address so I have to send it to a relatives house and have them forward it to me. I mean, if nothing will fix it then that's what i'll have to do, but I would like to at least try to re-install the software or something....

Thanks for the responses!

mygt8a4re

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
bummer, sorry to hear....unfortunately you cannot wipe the OS....the bootloader is currently locked untill a future update HTC is sending out to allow us to have full root access & install custom roms....sorry man, you should probably go for the replacement.....

dfairlite#AC

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Alright, well I don't want to void the warranty or what not so I guess I'll just have to do it the hard(er) way. Thanks for all of your assistance though!