The wait is over. S-OFF Achieved!!

Shroomster

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey you guys....I got S-Off and CWM...but I rebooted (w/o thinking) before I performed SU.zip flash..... to gain root access......

I'm getting the "error in sdcard/su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip (status 0)" and I read through the Op thread linked on here and I can't find a solution to it......

hrmphhh......solved my own problem.....in case anyone wants to know:

----once you get the error like I did...go back one screen and go to reboot device....YOU WILL HAVE ROOT...weird....

Last edited:

Shroomster

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
DAMN XDA......soo restricted....

I just want to know:

now that I have:
S-OFF
CWM running
ROOT access

I just want to get rid of the bloatware now and leave everything else as it is.....does that mean getting a custom rom flashed?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

I just want to know:

now that I have:
S-OFF
CWM running
ROOT access

I just want to get rid of the bloatware now and leave everything else as it is.....does that mean getting a custom rom flashed?

You don't need a custom ROM to delete apk files from the /system/app folder, just a file explorer that can view root level files and folders like Root Explorer.

Sent from my Nexus S

Reactions: Shroomster

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

I just want to know:

now that I have:
S-OFF
CWM running
ROOT access

Now that you are rooted you can delete away.

bislexic

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Superuser access. nice. waiting for CM7 for google video chat on 2.3.4. running clockwork recovery and titanium backup. Also deleted system files.

Last edited:

Shroomster

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Superuser access. nice. waiting for CM7 for google video chat on 2.3.4. running clockwork recovery and titanium backup. Also deleted system files.

---when you say deleted system files....what do you mean?

This is the first phone I've ever done any modding to....can't wait to see if there might be speed improvements that someone will be able to unlock....

Shroomster

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
It means that you can flash custom ROMs with better performance and battery life than stock.

I am running LeeDROiD Sensational V1.2 [Kernel] V1.3 currently and LOVING it.

[ROM]LeeDROiD Sensational V1.2 [Kernel] V1.3 -3rd August | APM | CRT | FAST & STABLE - xda-developers

I'm still using rom 1.1 since 1.2 was just an update of sorts......notice anything different in 1.2?

btw I'm loving having the phone debranded ....I just had to d/l the my account app just to keep track of minutes however...lol

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
NooB alert. This is my first Android phone so I'm still reading up on root, rom, bootloaders, s-off/s-on etc.

How is S-OFF different than an unlocked Bootloader (which has recently been announced to roll out during August).
I realize S-OFF allows you certain NAND write access and allows you to customize the firmware to an extent but then what does the bootloader do and if having S-OFF privlidges is so great, why do we need the bootloader unlocked also?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
NooB alert. This is my first Android phone so I'm still reading up on root, rom, bootloaders, s-off/s-on etc.

How is S-OFF different than an unlocked Bootloader (which has recently been announced to roll out during August).
I realize S-OFF allows you certain NAND write access and allows you to customize the firmware to an extent but then what does the bootloader do and if having S-OFF privlidges is so great, why do we need the bootloader unlocked also?

S-OFF = unlocked bootloader. What we have now is a hack. What is coming from HTC is official.

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
S-OFF = unlocked bootloader. What we have now is a hack. What is coming from HTC is official.
OIC. I'm in no great hurry to root my phone so for stability concerns is it better to wait till HTC releases its update? Or are the two (hack vs. official update) the same

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
OIC. I'm in no great hurry to root my phone so for stability concerns is it better to wait till HTC releases its update? Or are the two (hack vs. official update) the same

They basically have the same end result - but something that is concerning people can be found in this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz