1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does anyone know how to save pics?

Sensation is my first smartphone.
    I took pics with camera. Was able to view them in gallery. Erased them from camera and no longer viewable in gallery.
    Then I copied from text message. Viewable in gallery. When text message was erased so were photos.
    Emailed them to myself and then erased email. The pics stayed permanently.
    Is that the only way? Seems like it should be a whole lot easier that that. On my old phone I simply saved pics. Doesn't seem to be a way to do that on Sensation.
    If anyone knows an easier way please let me know. Maybe I'm overlooking the obvious.

Default Re: Does anyone know how to save pics?

Im not sure what you mean by "Erased them from camera ", did you hook your Sensation to your pc & delete from there? the only way to delete the camera pics is in the gallery, wich in turn will no longer show in your gallery. There is a folder on your memory where the camera photos get stored, your gallery obviously allows you to view these photos and/or videos. If you delete them (from thier storage location on your memory card) they have no way to show in your gallery as they no longer exist. there is not a place within the camera app where pics get saved.....you can though save your pics to picassa, then you will always have a back up & hosted location for your pics!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply.

By erased I'm trying to say is: I could view my pics in the gallery while I could also view them in the location they originated IE: camera, email, text message. As long as they were viewable there they were viewable in the gallery. I deleted them in the camera they no longer showed up in gallery. Same with text. Not the same with email, I could delete email and still view pics in gallery. Maybe I'm using the wrong terminology but I don't know where in the phone to go to view them once the source of the pics has been deleted. I saved some from a text and once I deleted the text the pics were no longer in the gallery for viewing. Hope I'm making sense not sure how else to put it.

Global Posts
    6,763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

You need to download a file manager (astro, es file explorer, there are many) and navigate to sd card, dcim. This is where the camera stores images. Downloads are saved in a folder, usually in a download folder.

Let me know if this helps.

Sent from my wildheroc using Tapatalk
    Not quite a noob

ROM
    Synergy r64

Camera app: it takes pictures and videos and store them on SD card under the folder "dcim". You can preview the pictures while in the camera app, deleting them from here means deleting them from your SD card = no way to get them back

Mail app: when you open an email with attachments ( i.e. pictures) and you open the attachment, it saves it on the SD card under the folder "download". Deleting the original email does not erase the attachment. Unless the picture is embedded in the message, your attached image it's still in your phone.

MMS app: the picture is in the message, not attached. To save it on your phone you have to long press on it and choose "Save".

The Gallery app scans the SD card and offers you a place to see all picture and video files on your card. I hope this bring some light on your issue.