Cant access Facebook Desktop version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjspigland#AC

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
For a few days I can't get to the destop version of Facebook. I've tried several times but I just get looped back to the mobile version. I checked with a friend who just got a new smartphone (Wildfire) and hers is doing the same thing. Did I mess up a setting somewhere or is this a facebook issue?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
For a few days I can't get to the destop version of Facebook. I've tried several times but I just get looped back to the mobile version. I checked with a friend who just got a new smartphone (Wildfire) and hers is doing the same thing. Did I mess up a setting somewhere or is this a facebook issue?

There are some 3rd party browsers that let you enable "desktop mode" so Facebook thinks you're on a PC. That should let you view the whole site.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Dude....I thought it was just me. I wonder if Facebook is pushing the mobile site now and not letting phones access it. I haven't been able to access it for a couple of days now...which is kinda lame because you can't delete posts from the app, mobile site or texts. You have to go to the desktop version for that.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

MistyM

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me also and I did a little research and it worked for me. A few steps: click on your browser, go to the URL bar, type about:debug3 this action does nothing, but when after you type that click down on your menu, click settings, go down til you see UAString and click on desktop. Go back to your browser type in Facebook.com and you should have the desktop version, not the mobile version. Hope this helps... it was very irritating, but found this to work.:D

stevenarthkelly

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
If you click the menu bar on the upper left in the mobile version it is the three bars icon and scroll all the way down to the bottom their is a link to click that says full site....hope this helps its only available in the browser version you cannot access the full site in the app

Joan Cole

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

Status
Not open for further replies.