Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Saving all downloads to SD card by default?

Hey gang,

I just received my replacement Sensation, and I'm still trying to figure out how to back up all of my apps/data/SMS/etc so that I have it on the new device and don't have to re-download anything.

I'm realizing now that if there was an option to save ALL data/downloads/apps to the SD card by default, I wouldn't have this issue.

So...what's the best way to make this swap simple?

And lastly...is there a setting or an app that makes everything automatically save to the SD card instead of internal memory?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Saving all downloads to SD card by default?

Quote Originally Posted by seanwilliams78 View Post
    Hey gang,

I just received my replacement Sensation, and I'm still trying to figure out how to back up all of my apps/data/SMS/etc so that I have it on the new device and don't have to re-download anything.

I'm realizing now that if there was an option to save ALL data/downloads/apps to the SD card by default, I wouldn't have this issue.

So...what's the best way to make this swap simple?

And lastly...is there a setting or an app that makes everything automatically save to the SD card instead of internal memory?

Thanks in advance!
    Download "MyBackup" in the market, theres a free trial and will let you backup to a cloud or to sd card. I prefer the sd card option. You can also buy the paid for like 5 bucks I think. I've had it since my G1 days.

so thats a fix?

Default Re: Saving all downloads to SD card by default?

Quote Originally Posted by konie06 View Post
    so thats a fix?
    As good a fix as can be for now, there is no process for saving to sd card by default. Mybackup Pro can do all that the OP requested, it can have a schedule setup for it too.