Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ragnarokx
  • 1 Post By nox
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    DARKSIDE-X-001-CM7

Default S-OFF and root for Sensation?

I'm so happy by the replies I got from people on these forums, so I will ask one more question before melting into occasional-lurker status: I made the mistake of getting the MyTouch 4G that already had 2.3.4 and S-ON (probably why it was such a cheap upgrade). I assumed the G2 root method would work with it unaware it was for phone WITHOUT the update.

Thinking of getting the Sensation, it is gorgeous and I like the specs but just want to be sure I don't run into the same situation. Does anyone know if the Sensations currently available are rootable, S-ON/OFF notwithstanding?

Default Re: Last thread on this, I promise... I think..

I bought my Sensation around a month ago.

As soon as S-OFF was achieved I ran over to XDA and read the instructions for S-OFF, ROOT and flashing CWM. All worked perfectly on my Sensation.

So to answer your question, yes, the current Sensations are "S-OFF'able" if you follow the instructions on XDA.com
    MyTouch 3G ---------> BBERRY BOLD 9700 ------> GALAXY S 4G ------> G2X --------> HTC Sensation ---------> Galaxy S2

Default Re: Last thread on this, I promise... I think..

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsanell View Post
    I'm so happy by the replies I got from people on these forums, so I will ask one more question before melting into occasional-lurker status: I made the mistake of getting the MyTouch 4G that already had 2.3.4 and S-ON (probably why it was such a cheap upgrade). I assumed the G2 root method would work with it unaware it was for phone WITHOUT the update.

Thinking of getting the Sensation, it is gorgeous and I like the specs but just want to be sure I don't run into the same situation. Does anyone know if the Sensations currently available are rootable, S-ON/OFF notwithstanding?
    http://revolutionary.io/
    Thanked by:
    wcoast 

Default How do I root HTC Sensation 4G

Help with rooting HTC Sensation 4G, I have tried Gingerbreak 1.10 and 1.20 without success as well as no luck with gingersnap, I used Revolutionary to S Off my device and still not making any progress. Your help is highly appreciated.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default Re: S-OFF for Sensation?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsanell View Post

Sorry for asking such a noob question. But what exactly does S-OFF mean?

Quote Originally Posted by wcoast View Post
    Help with rooting HTC Sensation 4G, I have tried Gingerbreak 1.10 and 1.20 without success as well as no luck with gingersnap, I used Revolutionary to S Off my device and still not making any progress. Your help is highly appreciated.
    If you have S-OFF then all you need to do is install Clockwork (if you haven't already) and then flash SuperUser using Clockwork.

Quote Originally Posted by damian29 View Post
    Sorry for asking such a noob question. But what exactly does S-OFF mean?
    Unlocks the bootloader letting you install a custom recovery.
    Thanked by:
    wcoast 

Please how do I flash SuperUser using Clockwork

Quote Originally Posted by wcoast View Post
    Please how do I flash SuperUser using Clockwork
    Download this file, place on your SD card, boot into Clockwork and select the zip: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...8&d=1311991644

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G
    Thanked by:
    wcoast 
    wcoast likes this.

Thanks a million, I now have superuser icon but it displays no log information, no app in list and lot of option under setting, is there anything I need to do or I’m good to go

Apps will appear in the list once you run them again. You're good to go.
    Thanked by:
    wcoast 
    nox
    Retired Super Moderator

Global Posts
    1,370 Global Posts

FYI there's a new update out (OTA) if you're gonna root/unlock your bootloader/S-OFF I wouldn't get it.
    First S-OFF your phone and then sit tight and wait for someone to post a zip that is safe to flash.

Thanked by:
    wcoast 
    wcoast likes this.

Thanks again and now Iím officially welcome to Android and bye bye to iOS