1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Not quite a noob

ROM
    Synergy r64

Cool Swype keyboard instead of Trace

I don't know if you guys have seen that Swype updated their keyboard, the beta it's now open. I really liked it on myTouch4G I have previously owned, and I installed it on my Sensation. I very much prefer it versus the Trace keyboard that comes standard on the phone. And it has a cool black skin too. Anyway, I though I should share this.

Been using Swype since I got my Sensation. Definitely am improvement over stock.

Sent from my Bulletproof Sensation 4G

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Default Re: Swype keyboard instead of Trace

I use the SlideIt keyboard which is very nice also and has some nice features i.e. shortcuts etc.

I've been wanting to try swype. But I've been kind of weary towards it. I'm still using the basic stock one. In fact, I actually downloaded it but then when I was going to switch to it I got a little scared about the notification that said 3rd party keyboard apps can remember everything you type, ie credit card numbers and stuff. So I backed out. I'm not usually one of those people who get freaked out over fine print. And I'm sure that it's legitimate and am not saying it's not. But overall I guess I'm not just sold on it. I kind of like the existing keyboard, but it can get annoying. Is it really worth it?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Not quite a noob

ROM
    Synergy r64

Quote Originally Posted by Gods Other Son View Post
    I've been wanting to try swype. But I've been kind of weary towards it. I'm still using the basic stock one. In fact, I actually downloaded it but then when I was going to switch to it I got a little scared about the notification that said 3rd party keyboard apps can remember everything you type, ie credit card numbers and stuff. So I backed out. I'm not usually one of those people who get freaked out over fine print. And I'm sure that it's legitimate and am not saying it's not. But overall I guess I'm not just sold on it. I kind of like the existing keyboard, but it can get annoying. Is it really worth it?
    The notification makes you aware that the program remembers everything you type, because it has the custom dictionary, which remembers every thing you type that it's not in the main dictionary (for your further use). More than that, it looks at your contacts list and adds all the names to that dictionary, but you can clean everything in it, at any time. And the program does not transmit any personal data. Talking about fine print, you should read the Term and Conditions on their website. It's worth using it, in my opinion. The prediction it's WAY better than Trace's. And the program is learning how you are using it to type and adapts. You can always give it a try and decide for yourself if it fits you.

I've decided to give it a shot. Have it downloaded and am using it right now. So far I don't have any problems. Haven't really figured out any of the tricks or shortcuts though.

call me silly, but where are you guys getting the swype keyboard? If its anyhting like the swype keyboard on my old vibrant im gunna love it.....

and click the link for my swype, on the right side. It will let you sign up for the beta
    Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

awsome thanx, thier server must have been pretty bogged, I tried that link earlier but wasnt getting to thier website. Got it now & am so happy to have the swype keyboard again. Its almost exactly like the keyboard on my Vibrant and I feel right at home again. Thanx alot!!