Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cyanogenmod 7

Does anyone know when there will be or if there will be a nightly rom etc?? Thanks

Default Re: Cyanogenmod 7

I believe CM7 is still pre-alpha, and since no ETAs are usually given for things like these we can't be sure when the nightlies will start rolling out. But from the videos that have been posted, it looks like they are close so give it another month or two.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

cool thanks
    Bulletproof 0.9

Global Posts
    1,118 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

It's coming eventually and so is MIUI. KMobs (CyanogenMod dev) said the reason for the delay is because they have had to add support for a completely new CPU/GPU.

Global Posts
    1,118 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

Update from Keyan (Kmobs)...

Only one real issue remains that blocks CM7 for Sensation from nightly status. We're really close guys. But no, I don't know when that issue will be fixed. All the credit belongs to toastcfh, Bumblebee, and +Ed Carrigan. +Tony Layher just got the device too, so he can have some credit also :P

FWIW, I've been using CM7 on the Sensation for a couple weeks now as my daily driver. It's the fastest phone I've ever used and we don't get those weird slowdowns that Sense gets. Everything is consistent (which is sometimes more important than pure speed, but in this case we have both)
    https://plus.google.com/113702637309...ts/8LrkERThTXx
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Can't wait.. thanks
    Bulletproof 0.9

Global Posts
    1,118 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

CM7 is out. It's in the alpha stage, but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by aNYthing24 View Post
    CM7 is out. It's in the alpha stage, but it works.
    How is it so far? Are you running it now?

Global Posts
    1,118 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    How is it so far? Are you running it now?
    I haven't tried it. The general consensus is that most of the functions work but there are some annoying bugs (like WiFi calling force closing randomly). I'm waiting for it to become more stable and I need WiFi calling as well so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by aNYthing24 View Post
    I haven't tried it. The general consensus is that most of the functions work but there are some annoying bugs (like WiFi calling force closing randomly). I'm waiting for it to become more stable and I need WiFi calling as well so yeah.
    Yeah I was tempted to give it a try last night, but I need Wifi calling, so I decided to hold off on being adventurous until I got back from my trip. Maybe a more stable version would be out by then.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I'm new to Android (from wackberry, but I miss the keyboard).....but I have noticed everyone making a huge deal about having Cyanogen rooted to their phones.....what makes there ROM better than others???

Global Posts
    1,118 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

Quote Originally Posted by xBigReemo View Post
    I'm new to Android (from wackberry, but I miss the keyboard).....but I have noticed everyone making a huge deal about having Cyanogen rooted to their phones.....what makes there ROM better than others???
    It's basically stock Android with some helpful customization's.

Global Posts
    1,118 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

Finally flashed it. I used Alpha 3 for awhile, now I'm on Alpha 5. Battery life hasn't been that great, probably only gripe besides missing HTC Mail.