Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By aNYthing24
  • 1 Post By Floss82
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sensation XE?

After seeing the Sensation XE story I believe it is what was rumored to be the HTC Ruby. But I have a question for you guys. I was ready to pull the trigger on the sensation. But do you think It's worth waiting a little bit more in hopes of T-Mobile getting the Xe? It does have more ram and better audio quality. And I am a audiophile of sorts.

Default Re: Sensation XE?

I am more curious on the pricing than anything. I mean if they roll this out in a month for just a bit more, say $50, than the current Sensation I think it would be well worth waiting for. If they roll it out and the pricing scheme is $200+ more than the current Sensation it is probably not worth it. Only time will really tell. I am in the same predicament as you and am thinking of waiting a few more weeks to get some more clarification hopefully.

Another thing to consider is whether the current sensation will drop as a result of this being released.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

It is my understanding that the XE is suppose to be packaged with a set off Beats Audio headphones, so it may range from $150-$300 more than the current.

I am sure that will be the case but considering your just getting a simple pair of their earbuds and not the full studio edition beats headphones I think it would be a terrible deal for $150+ more over the current model. You can get ibeats for just $110.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I Might just wait to see how T-mobile S2 looks compared to the Sensation. If the xe is price at 300-350 then I will pick it up. ETF would be cheaper than buying a unsubsidized phone wouldn't it?

Global Posts
    1,118 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

The Ruby is DEFINITELY not the Sensation XE. It looks completely different.
    coronaboy10 likes this.
    = I C E D R E E =

Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 - Stock 4.0.4

The XE have 768MB of RAM, same as the Standard Sensation
    But the CPU is pumped up to 1.5
    Its a cool looking phone & I was interested in getting one, but when HTC annou in nced the price (870$ Europe) , I thanked God that I pulled the trigger & got me an ATRIX

But I was really considering it, since I was looking forward to try HTC & im a big fan of the Doctor

ROM
    CM10/AOKP JB 4.1.1

I would doubt that T-Mobile US will get this phone but i will believe the HTC Amaze 4G will have the beats audio feature and sense 3.5
    coronaboy10 likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Stop by real quick to say:

Yay made it on the front page

Quote Originally Posted by Floss82 View Post
    I would doubt that T-Mobile US will get this phone but i will believe the HTC Amaze 4G will have the beats audio feature and sense 3.5
    Why do you say that? I think its a given that they get the phone since it is a Sensation branded phone and the sensation is their current flagship phone. I can see a re-branded version going to another carrier a few months after its released but not being the first to get it.

Global Posts
    503 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

Quote Originally Posted by aNYthing24 View Post
    The Ruby is DEFINITELY not the Sensation XE. It looks completely different.
    +1.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Because the bionic still looks the same as when it was a concept

/Sarcasm

Global Posts
    1,118 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

Quote Originally Posted by ReiMei View Post
    Because the bionic still looks the same as when it was a concept

/Sarcasm
    The Bionic is a special case. They decided to redesign the phone completely for whatever reason. This isn't. The Ruby/Amaze is likely the myTouch 4G successor...you can tell by the speaker grill.