Install an official vanilla android OS?

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
ok i am very new to android always been blackberry but i recently got an htc sensation and wanted to know is there anyway to install an official vanilla android OS on my phone, i was thinking maybe i could because i heard htc unlocked the bootloader ( not sure if that has anything to do with it), if not can i root my device and do it like that ?? all i know is i much rather have vanilla android instead of htc sense any info would be appreciated thanks.

danperde

Not quite a noob
Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nubie Question ???

For rooting instructions take a look here. After you're done rooting, you can find in the same forum multiple custom ROMs. I prefer Android Revolution. For a vanilla experience it has a "non-Sense" version. Or you can try CM7 for the same experience.

Reactions: IphonedYourGirl
Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

thanks for the info i was also thinking that i may go swap my phone for the G2X and not have to worry about it, from what i hear performance wise the G2X is faster even tho it has a 1ghz proc compared to a 1.2, any thoughts about that in terms of which phone is actually better or is it just basically reputation of htc vs lg phone build ??

danperde

Not quite a noob
Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Well, I've seen a lot of people complaining about G2X's performances. I, personally haven't tried it, I'm very pleased with my Sensation. I have the AR 3.6.1 and the processors are clocked at 1.5 when in heavy use and underclocked at 0.2 when in stand by. The phone is faaaast, and I get nice battery life: 24-36 hours with Anker 1900mAh.

kgs999

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Dear Sir
i have htc 02 xda guide/ htc iolite/ htc touch cruise windows mobile phone.
and i want to port to android os.
please guide me if it is possible.
thanx
Sharma

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463