Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: HTC Sensation 4G to get ICS?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 85.71%
  • No

7 14.29%
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Do you think the Sensation 4G will get ICS?

According to a lot of members on XDA they think we will get it.

Will Sensation Get Ice Cream Sandwich? - xda-developers

Default Re: Do you think the Sensation 4G will get ICS?

Yes...though, regardless of ICS, we will get ROMs based on it anyway, so if you're rooted it's kind of a moot point.
    All you need to know about S-Off, Root, and Custom ROMs:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1192300
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I dont think I am going to root right away. I usually root to get a sense flavored rom on my non-htc device. But since it has sense 3.0 I might not root, except for to get rid of bloatware.

Quote Originally Posted by ajonesma View Post
    I dont think I am going to root right away. I usually root to get a sense flavored rom on my non-htc device. But since it has sense 3.0 I might not root, except for to get rid of bloatware.
    Revolution HD. It looks and feels like the stock ROM, but the bloatware is gone and it's a good deal faster.

The reason I was unhappy with several other ROMs is that the design of the UI (menus, layout, etc) looked like a 10 year old thought it up. RevoHD keeps the same layout, so things aren't moved around into odd or complicated sub-menus.
    All you need to know about S-Off, Root, and Custom ROMs:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1192300

I honestly don't know if the 4G will get ICS. I won't be surprised if it does not happen because a new version of Android is usually reserved for each generation of phones. However, if my phone does get ICS, I will be very pleasantly surprised.
    nox
    Retired Super Moderator

Global Posts
    1,370 Global Posts

I don't believe that it will officially receive ICS, but no doubt ROMs will come out with it though.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeOlivera View Post
    I don't believe that it will officially receive ICS, but no doubt ROMs will come out with it though.
    Why wouldn't it? it has basically all the same specs as the Galaxy nexus minus the big screen and no physical buttons.
    nox
    Retired Super Moderator

Global Posts
    1,370 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ajonesma View Post
    Why wouldn't it? it has basically all the same specs as the Galaxy nexus minus the big screen and no physical buttons.
    1 - This is made by HTC and not Samsung
    2 - Look at all the other devices which haven't got updates but are similar to others which did.
    3 - This is the way it has been with Android, and this device has physical buttons, they would become useless with ICS.

Just the way it is man. Sucks, but that's how Android has been since the start.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanked by:

KMobs from the cyanogen team will have a ICS rom for the sensation released probably this week. Of course it will only be a Alpha build. But KMobs is very picky about releasing anything that isnt ready to be used as a daily device. ICS will come in a OTA update in early 2012. But anyone that doesnt want to wait root your phone with revolutionary.io and flash KMobs future ICS sensation rom.

I hear Bell is offering it in Feb. 2012.
    I'm hoping the release date is accurate, although I know they're usually not.

Just went live today on AC's home page. HTC is releasing a WHITE Sensastion with ICS built in (March 1st release), the article also ssays other Sensation devices will be getting the ICS update "soon". Still no date given though..

Quote Originally Posted by dancing-bass View Post
    Just went live today on AC's home page. HTC is releasing a WHITE Sensastion with ICS built in (March 1st release), the article also ssays other Sensation devices will be getting the ICS update "soon". Still no date given though..
    I saw a white Sensation called the XL, it came with beats earbuds & beats software installed.
    Some guy wants $1000 for it.LOL

Heard T-mobile is dropping. The Sensation & the Amaze in a few months.
    Glad to hear someone is still going to sell these devices.

BTW: What/where is AC?
    Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G