1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Default Task manager vs running services in settings?

I am checking task manager and it displays nothing running. When I go into settings>applications>running services, there is a long list, things that don't seem necessary like Lookout (which I already disabled), Calender shows twice, gps navigator which is stuck on restarting. Is it safe to disable all of these?

Default Re: Task manager vs running services in settings?

Personally I removed the phones taskiller and installed one of the market ones for same issue. Works great so far. The only caveat is when you go up to the task bar and click the memory widget it crashes to desktop but I don't need to click it with my taskkiller so not a big issue.
    Not quite a noob

ROM
    Synergy r64

Default Re: Task manager vs running services in settings?

Quote Originally Posted by fashofasho View Post
    I am checking task manager and it displays nothing running. When I go into settings>applications>running services, there is a long list, things that don't seem necessary like Lookout (which I already disabled), Calender shows twice, gps navigator which is stuck on restarting. Is it safe to disable all of these?
    There is a difference between running tasks and running services. I.E. the gmail service is running all the time, but the gmail task starts whenever needs to update based on your scheduled interval. Same goes with facebook, yahoo, you name it.