Constant "4G" connectivity killing battery

raydub

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I have two Chichitec batteries i purchased a little over a month ago and have had better mobile life while using the phone. I usually just swap the batteries where ever I am for more juice.

Lately, the last couple weeks this has not been the case anymore. I notice the phone heats up my pockets during the day when I don't use the phone at work sometimes. It has to be doing something in the background. I notice while charging the phone and even peeking at it every now and then the "4G" indicator on the screen has solid arrows constantly, and never ceases to stop. Doesn't even matter if I restart the phone which I do at least once daily, it eventually starts to do the same thing over.

Has anyone seen this? I have already tried to call warranty on this phone through T-Mobile, but I sent the replacement back because it was worse than the one that came new in the box, so I kept the original.

EDIT: I also wanted to note that usually when I reboot, all my email, facebook, etc. notifications will come in. It's like something is robbing the connection or bandwidth.

Last edited:

FloridaPhil

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that the Sensation loses battery power when I am on the road much more than if I am static in my office, particularly if I am traveling in an area where it is fighting to maintain a signal.

I have tried everything - removing apps works the best because the phone is not trying to provide data to them - but I don't want to do without my apps.

So, I applied lateral thinking. I reasoned that I don't actually NEED always on data when I am on the road. So, I just added the HTC Mobile Data widget to my home screen. Now, when I leave the office, I just tap the mobile data widget and switch off mobile data. If I want to check email, Facebook etc, I just switch data back on to do the checking and switch it off again.

Following this procedure, I can EASILY get through an entire 10 hour day - with about 40% battery left rather than running out in 7 hours.

Hope that helps.