Wifi calling poor for you too?

addiarmadar

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Just got this phone for my wife and it does have its share of problems, think it could be a dud. However, one issue standing out is the wifi calling is sucking. Almost all the time in the middle of the call, people cannot hear her but she can hear them fine. Issue seems to go away when the wifi caller app is turned off. Any others here had the same issue with their Sensation on tmobile?

greatgoogly

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I came to the Sensation from a Blackberry 9700, and yes the Wifi both standard and used in connection with WiFi calling is weaker on the Sensation. The Wifi Calling only works if you have a VERY strong signal. I've found that if I'm more than 8 or 9 feet from the WiFi router WiFi calling will be seriously deteriorated with the primary symptom being someone on the other end not being able to understand the person on the Sensation. The Blackberry's Wifi was usable easily 50 percent further from the router than the Sensation. It is indeed an area that HTC needs to work on.

anagrama

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
My WiFi signal lets me run around everywhere in the house (downstairs with the router AND upstairs) as well as the garage with no problems.

I hope you can fix or replace yours ... I love this phone. The only thing my wife can hold over me with her galaxy s II is more ram... But I like the sense hi way more than Samsung... And I am a huge Samsung fan.

Good luck

HeyBob

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I have issues with lag in WiFi calling even with signal >80% on a 802.11n network.

There seems to be a lag between the time my voice is delivered and they hear me and vice versa... so we are always talking over each other.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante