Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My HTC Sensation won't power on or show led or anything,

Just out of no where my sensation stopped powering on and doesn't display the led light when charging either. It does not have water damage and wasn't dropped or anything. This just happened out of no where. Does anyone know what I should do or anyone else have this problem?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ROM
    Tried them all...

Default Re: My HTC Sensation won't power on or show led or anything,

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlorida727 View Post
    Just out of no where my sensation stopped powering on and doesn't display the led light when charging either. It does not have water damage and wasn't dropped or anything. This just happened out of no where. Does anyone know what I should do or anyone else have this problem?
    Is your phone rooted? You can try these step to see if you can get it working:

Try this:

Recovery IMG: http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13251045745723

My Phone Died and i can't turn it back on!!! help!!

1. Download the recovery i have posted above. Once downloaded rename to remove the name of the recovery until its just named recovery.img.

2. Plug your device to a computer and run the command
    adb reboot
    or
    adb reboot bootloader

if your device doesn't turn on, then simply pull the battery, put it back in, then redo the steps.

3. Once your phone does power on from one of those commands, reboot into android OS and put the recovery on the root of your sdcard.

4.Boot into bootloader while plugged into the computer and run the following command
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Then the problem is fixed! I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, but thats the fix.

Take from this thread on XDA: HTC Sensation General FAQ's. New to this device? Read here! UPDATED 8/3/11 - xda-developers
    Thanked by 3:
    Bbpearl_Girl17 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes I have tried this and keep gettting an error on the command center saying "adb reboot is not a recognized internal or external command"
    Am I suppose to be running this from the command center on my computer like when you go to start and search and type in command?
    Also is the recovery.img icon suppose to just be white and not open?
    Thanked by:

Are you in the folder in which ADB is located on your computer?

Sent from my MIUI.us Sensation 4G using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ROM
    Tried them all...

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlorida727 View Post
    Yes I have tried this and keep gettting an error on the command center saying "adb reboot is not a recognized internal or external command"
    Am I suppose to be running this from the command center on my computer like when you go to start and search and type in command?
    Also is the recovery.img icon suppose to just be white and not open?
    You need to download this: Download HTCEvo4G/rooting/rootevo4ggingerbread.zip at DownloadAndroidROM.com I know its not for our phone, but it allows you to use ADB. Once it is downloaded, extract it and go to the folder in which is was extracted to. Hold SHIFT and right click in the folder and select "Open Command Window here" then you should be able to use the guide.

Yes the recovery.img icon is white. Thats normal
    Thanked by:
    Dylan Williams1 likes this.

i know that this is old but my sensation wont power on now ive got the adb however when i type the command it says error device not found.
    Thanked by:

please someone help i have the exact same problem.
    no light when charging, wont turn on and the command gives "error device not found"
    Thanked by:

the battery prongs on my phone were down so i pulled them up and now it is working fine
    Thanked by:

i have a t-mobile htc with htc sense and the led light wont turn on its really hard to c. can anyone help me
    Thanked by:

Has anyone found a soultion to this problem. I have the same problem.

I rooted my HTC to revolution_hd ice cream sandwich and the phone seem to be working fine. then it started to power off randomly but would restart.

Now its power off and will not restart and it is not charging either. No LED

Things I have tried -

New Battery - No difference
    Jump starting
    ADB Reboot - get the "No device found" error message.

Any suggestions would be great
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS/Cyanogenmod

buzz, are you in the adb directory?, if you are can you get the phone into recovery at all? if so try to kill the server and restart it, maybe it will read the phone
    Thanked by:

I have to run the Adb from command prompt
    The computer does not regonize the phone is plugged in
    Thanked by:

The phone is not responding to anything.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS/Cyanogenmod

give this a look at i hope it helps

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1522351
    Thanked by:

Thanked by:

I tried every download and did every direction given and still nothing worked.
    Thanked by:

My galaxy S wont trun on it keeps doing that triple vibrate like if its trying to force close something and when it gets on all i see is a black screen and it keeps triple vibrateing HELP
    Thanked by:

my phone wont come on. What do i do ?
    Thanked by:
    leroy1993 likes this.

helppppppppppp
    Thanked by:

Hello. my HTC Sensation 4G has the MIUI but I tried to install the original HTC Sensation, and know when the phone turn show the MIUI.US screen and does not continue ... I want to reinstal the original software, what I have to do ?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS/Cyanogenmod

You all have to go and download the SDK and then The RUU files from XDA and simply follow the instructions and you should have your phone back up and running, if you continue to get the Device not found error you may need to make sure you have htc sync installed because you need the drivers
    Thanked by:

how do you use / extract the "recovery.img" .. i dnt get it, its a white icon with CD pic.. i dnt nothing about this and i am stuck after the download part... what should i do?
    Thanked by:
    Wawa Kings likes this.

I have a htc sensation xe, he restarted the update and does not turn over, so get a flashing light when connected to pc or charger. I need some information on doing it at least turn on the mobo bootloader download helllllllp me ......

---------- Post Merged at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Tenho um htc sensation xe, na atualizao ele reiniciou e no liga mais, so fica com uma luz piscando quando conecta no pc ou no carregador. Preciso de alguma informao em faze-lo ligar pelo menos no mobo download o bootloader......me helllllllp

I'm having that same problem, but I went to t mobile today and they told me it was cause the circuits in my prongs make be out of whack. I love HTC, and the sensation is a great phone.

after reading all posts i hardly touched battery prongs tried battery there was a little spark and phone came on
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast