'Failed to mount/unmount sd card' What gives?

Mingneh

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi AC. Just 4 hours ago something begun to plague me. When i tried to update my music library through htc sync, it kept on telling me 'failed to mount/unmount sdcard' and no syncing could be done. I tried restarting my phone, on/off-ing it and even popping my sd card out and reinserting it(this is the first time i did this ever since i on this phone'.

What is wrong? How can i fix this problem and prevent it from happening again? :(

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Too bad mate.:mad: (Restart Mobile/PC, Remove SD through phone, USB plug/Unplug) <- These are the repetitive steps which will solve the problem gradually. I know that and you'll know that too once you keep trying. believe there is not any other perfect alternate for this :'(

Hey, You do not have to bother much of this plaguing as this is not a permanent bug. This happens almost to each and everybody who purchases a SD card supported HTC @ some point in time.

But, If you need a quick recovery... It is pretty simple. Take a backup of SD card contents. In your PC, Right click on 'format' and then click 'restore device defaults'. This will solve your problem almost instantly, But i prefer you should wait as this solves the issue by itself. :)

Skidmark911

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me yesterday, after updating my HTC Sync software, but I was also having USB issues at the time, so it could have been related to that. At any rate, I restarted the computer with the phone still connected - started the Sync software later and it ran fine. just a hiccup.

wally18324

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I know this a old thread, but I am having the same issue. I did what was recommend formatting the card and set device defaults. Still the same problem, does not happen when its on charge, only on disk drive. I could sure use some help.Frustrated. Thanks and all will be greatly appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles