Horrid.battery life is this normal

Horr1bleK1tten

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Is it normal for phones to die in a three or four hours? My display percentage is at 97% constantly. Thus killing the battery so fast. Any help I would love.
Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

jhowle9475

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Go into your settings and set you screen to auto brightness. Also check out a task killer by a creator called smartwho. You can set it to kill tasks with shaking. This is good cause even if the screen off it kills tasks. Think of the benefits if its in your pocket and such. I get nearly two days on a charge.

Horr1bleK1tten

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
It's always onauto that's what it think is killing it I'm no noon when it comes to smartphones so this bugs me

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

anon(161369)

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
hey by any chance are you rooted? if so are you running a custom kernel? because if thise apply to you setcpu and system tuner will be your friend, try not to use task killers as much as it sound like a good idea it can screw with the whole OS, like i said if this applies just try undervolting just keep the minimum 192mhz over 750mv, if you happen to not be rooted then you may have a rouge app that is just sucking power

p.s current widget lets you see a log of your battery while sleeping, and while its awake

anon(161369)

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
stock battery on these phones can be OK giving you 6-8 hours but to really get that even battery time you might need to root and fool around with kernels, luckly if you brick it now there are ways to bring it back to life, as well as return it to complete stock if you get to a point that you just don't feel comfortable, as for the Iphone i wouldn't know, the only contact I've had with an Iphone was throught jailbreaks and stuff like that for some folks i know, however ive heard that the battery life is pretty good, so basically if you are willing to fool around, pick this up, or even grab a $15 1900 battery and you'll be good, if you just want to buy it and use it look at a few samsung phones..... or grab the iphone..... :-\

FloridaPhil

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I regularly get 14-16 hours before going into the red ( have 120+ apps installed)

Something is running in the background that is killing your battery.

Try doing a phone reset and only add the basic essential apps at first. If the battery life increases, which I am almost sure it will, start adding back your other apps, one or two at a time. Wait a day to see if battery life is okay and if it is, add the next couple of apps and so on.

If that doesn't fix it you have either a hardware problem or a dying battery.

Also, add the wifi and 4g on/off widgets to your home screen. One tap switches them on when you need them and off when you don't. I can easily get over 20 hours that way.

Oh, and buy a 1900 battery - makes a big difference.

Gosudizayn

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I regularly get 14-16 hours before going into the red ( have 120+ apps installed)

Something is running in the background that is killing your battery.

Try doing a phone reset and only add the basic essential apps at first. If the battery life increases, which I am almost sure it will, start adding back your other apps, one or two at a time. Wait a day to see if battery life is okay and if it is, add the next couple of apps and so on.

If that doesn't fix it you have either a hardware problem or a dying battery.

Also, add the wifi and 4g on/off widgets to your home screen. One tap switches them on when you need them and off when you don't. I can easily get over 20 hours that way.

Oh, and buy a 1900 battery - makes a big difference.

thanks for advice

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz