Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By piizzadude
  • 1 Post By piizzadude
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Ice Cream Sandwich Update and Hot Spot use

Ok.. here is the "bad news" of the ICS update.. one of the best features of Tmobile phones that have Hot Spot generating capabilities is that you could use the Hot Spot at no charge if the device you owned had that capabiility... OOOPs.. no longer.. if you update your device, and you want to use the Hot Spot... you will have to contract with Tmobile at $15.00 per month to do that.. yeah yeah yeah you're like me.. I bought thru Tmobile just for that reason.. no hot spot charge... if you don't update.... "At some point in time in the future, you will be billed for the use anyway".. maybe 6 months maybe sooner the customer service rep told me..don't believe me?.. Call them yourself.. the "Note" is on the update posting...The rep initially told me that if we the customer changed the software and or the plan we were on they would start charging if we used the Hot Spot. Then when I asked.."Then that means if I dont' upgrade I can still use it for free?"... He responded "No, at some point in time in the future maybe one month maybe 6 months we will begin chargining just like all the other companies... " I thought I signed on with Tmobile because the were "not like" the other companies.. turned out I was wrong... Tmobile.. comes to the rescue one more time.. Yeah updates..
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: HTC Ice Cream Sandwich Update and Hot Spot use

aaaaaaaaaannnnd that is one of the reasons for rooting and ROMing.

I do not use hotspot, pretty much at all, but i want it there with my "unlimited" data if I need it.
    bunky1971 likes this.

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

My girlfriends needs it for her tablet. Will rooting enable the feature again? If not how do I rollback to older firmware?

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

She is on Tmobile's $30 a month 5 gb plan.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Yeah there are a few apps out there that allow for both wired and wireless tether

Rezound via Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Guru 
    Guru likes this.

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

Thank you piizzadude! Apps worked like a charm! Got her tethering back with her tablet! Thank you!!!!!

How is going? I was wondering if you can help me out since I noticed your wife was having the same issues I am.. I just updated to ICS on my sensation and not I cant use hotspot unless I pay the 15 bucks a month. What app did you use to get her up and running again? Thanks in advance

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

FoxFi and if you have a 4.0 ICS tablet like she does you'll need pdanet for tablets on it. You will have to use bluetooth on the Sensation but it works like a charm. Oddly my HTC One X works over wifi no issues at all.
    Thanked by:

Guru0006,

Thanks a lot it works exactly like you said it would..