Tmobile Sensation 4G ICS Update

ron.p

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Same here, yay!

Question: Is the download available as a separate RUU update type file?

For example, the like file mention here? I read I had to unroot my phone to get the update. I'd like to have the new file available on my PC.

Cheers and good luck to all!

brewkelyn

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
wow, I'm really liking this update so far.

I've never used the default sense launcher so all my home screens are blank. I'm in the process of setting it up and it's so good to see new/revised widgets for google+, and gmail for example. Gmail is beautiful. The dock is cool, can put folders in it, etc. I still hate their app drawer though and that may be enough reason to go back to Go Launcher but I really want to give sense a fair try in the beginning and keep that 30mb of ram free that an additional launcher uses. I like too that you can hide the shortcuts in the lockscreen. I never really used those so it's nice to be able to hide them. Everything is real smooth too but we'll see if that's the same after I place more widgets and start opening apps.

Those are my first impressions anyway...

Reactions: Raidersfan71

sean_fair

May 16, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile has always officially charged $15 for the hotspot access plan however, users were often given a free pass the company leading many to question what official company policy truly was.

“T-Mobile began offering a Smartphone Mobile Hotspot plan in November 2010. However, due to technical limitations with software, customers were not being charged for the feature on select T-Mobile products,” a T-Mobile representative said. “Customers who choose to upgrade their HTC Sensation 4G to the optional Android 4.0 (ICS) software update will be required to sign up for the $14.99 Smartphone Mobile Hotspot plan.”

T-Mobile emphasizes that the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update itself is free, only that the hotspot feature will cost extra. A disappointment to be certain, but all good things have to come to an end.

PCMag

This is irritating. That's an Ex Post Facto charge, similar to the laws. We can't get charged for somethign criminally like this why should they charge us for something like this. shouldn't we be "Grandfathered" in to this if we have been using this feature for over a year now? Going to root and see what I can change. :mad:

tinkdnuos

May 16, 2012
Visit site
First time poster, I hope I don't violate any etiquette here...

Is anyone else having problems with their messages app since this update? I mean the basic SMS/MMS messages app. Whenever I've tried to open it since the update I get a "Please wait..." dialogue over a dimmed screen, and it just keeps circling and circling...

I've tried to open an SMS convo for an individual contact from my contacts folder, and that worked fine, including displaying my full message history from that contact, as expected. The issue seems to only arise when I try to go into the main "All Messages" view.

I'd love to know if this is a known or common issue, or whether there's something up with my individual settings. Thanks.

JimmyZ18

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello I need help, I download the ICS Update, when is complete, it ask me if I want to install it, so y accept, then the phone turn off, and reset, then appear the white HTC screen and then a install bar, but immediately appear a Black Screen With a Danger Logo and an Android Next To it.... What is The Problem? What Can I Do??:(

rushlmp

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I updated, and no problem with the stock messaging app. Sorry. Did you try force closing the app?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Android Central Forums

tinkdnuos

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I updated, and no problem with the stock messaging app. Sorry. Did you try force closing the app?

Yes, after you posted this I went into settings -> apps -> all -> messages, and chose "force stop." It hasn't helped the issue at all...thanks for the suggestion, though.

I think I'll probably try to take it to a t-mobile store after work this evening, if I can't figure it out by then. But I'm hoping for more suggestions in the mean time!

JimmyZ18

May 3, 2012
Visit site
No i Didn't try to Force Any App, I Try to Download Again and isn't Work the same "Danger" logo and the android next to him, is no other way to install the ISC? Like from the PC?:(

tinkdnuos

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Just as an update, I just came from a T-Mobile retail store a few minutes ago. When I explained the problem (and the associates tried my Sensation themselves) they were flabbergasted, and assured me that if it isn't patched soon I should be able to reset or replace the phone entirely.

But uh... T-Mobile is apparently pretty unprepared for this update and the potential issues surrounding it. I recently had the opportunity to walk away without a termination fee and switch to Verizon, and I'm kinda kicking myself now for not doing so.

SagaciousB

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Oh boy. The Exchange ActiveSync policy now seems to require that I encrypt my SD card. From doing some reading online, it also requires that the phone's internal storage also be encrypted, yet that is not an option in our menus and apparently people can't get Exchange ActiveSync to work with the Sensation 4G with ICS.

I'm going to be very upset if after going through all of the hassles of formatting & encrypting my SD card, I still can't sync my mail and calendar with exchange.

Way to go in your testing, HTC and T-Mobile.

Guru

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile has always officially charged $15 for the hotspot access plan however, users were often given a free pass the company leading many to question what official company policy truly was.

?T-Mobile began offering a Smartphone Mobile Hotspot plan in November 2010. However, due to technical limitations with software, customers were not being charged for the feature on select T-Mobile products,? a T-Mobile representative said. ?Customers who choose to upgrade their HTC Sensation 4G to the optional Android 4.0 (ICS) software update will be required to sign up for the $14.99 Smartphone Mobile Hotspot plan.?

T-Mobile emphasizes that the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update itself is free, only that the hotspot feature will cost extra. A disappointment to be certain, but all good things have to come to an end.

PCMag

This is irritating. That's an Ex Post Facto charge, similar to the laws. We can't get charged for somethign criminally like this why should they charge us for something like this. shouldn't we be "Grandfathered" in to this if we have been using this feature for over a year now? Going to root and see what I can change. :mad:

Uh oh! I may need to root the girlfriend's phone. DIdn't realize that or would not have upgraded. She needs tethering for her tablet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac