1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default After ICS Update Sound Issue

Is there a way to remove the notifications and ringtone from being the same? I went to sounds and tried to change them but they are the same slider bar, not separated to be different. Example is I want the notifications off at night when sleeping but my ringer to be on. That is no longer possible now. So I get email alerts along with text messages if they come in when I used to have it setup correctly. Seems the ICS update pulled the two into the same slider bar.

Where can this be changed?

Thanks,
    Derek

ROM
    Stock, not rooted

Try menu, settings, personalize and sounds. You can choose different tones for each, so try to make notifications silent. Hope this works for you.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: After ICS Update Sound Issue

It's not which sounds are for which setting, it's the volume for the settings. They are tied together. So I can't have the notifications at volume 2 and the ringer at volume 7. They have to both be at 2 or 7.

ROM
    Stock, not rooted

Well, while you sleep you can record a voice recording of dead air for your notifications and use that sound at night. It's not ideal but would work.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Android Central Forums

Default Re: After ICS Update Sound Issue

I would also like to separate the volumes for notifications and ringtones. Has anyone found a way to do this yet?